Feb 18, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks could see another top-six forward return to the lineup Tuesday in Chicago as David Booth (groin) has been medically cleared to play.
Booth injured himself before the season during the team’s fitness testing.
“Time has been the big thing and right now we’re at five weeks and it’s starting to feel real good,” the 28-year-old winger said this weekend, per The Province.
“It’s tough because in a short season, it’s hard to get that game situation feel, but I hope to get that through a few practices and I’ll be good. My goal is to play sometime on the trip.”
If Booth doesn’t play Tuesday against the Blackhawks, Vancouver is in Dallas Thursday, Nashville Friday and Detroit Sunday.
The Canucks recently celebrated the return of center Ryan Kesler, though they failed to register a win in the two games he played.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9