Feb 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Tavares, 22, had a hat trick Saturday against the Devils and currently sits sixth in league scoring, with 20 points in 14 games.
“He comes to the rink every day and gets better,” Isles coach Jack Capuano said recently, per the New York Hockey Journal.
“He’s prepared, he’s focused, he’s committed, he’s willing to do all little things and the intangibles to be one of the best players in the league and in the world. And that’s where he’s at right now.”
Fasth went 3-0-0 with a 1.89 goals-against average and .935 save percentage last week; the 30-year-old relative unknown is a remarkable 8-0-0 this season.
Tlusty, 24, had four goals and two assists last week in three straight Carolina victories. The 13th overall pick in the 2006 draft was especially good Monday against the Islanders when he notched two goals and had a pair of helpers.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)