Feb 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Tavares, 22, had a hat trick Saturday against the Devils and currently sits sixth in league scoring, with 20 points in 14 games.
“He comes to the rink every day and gets better,” Isles coach Jack Capuano said recently, per the New York Hockey Journal.
“He’s prepared, he’s focused, he’s committed, he’s willing to do all little things and the intangibles to be one of the best players in the league and in the world. And that’s where he’s at right now.”
Fasth went 3-0-0 with a 1.89 goals-against average and .935 save percentage last week; the 30-year-old relative unknown is a remarkable 8-0-0 this season.
Tlusty, 24, had four goals and two assists last week in three straight Carolina victories. The 13th overall pick in the 2006 draft was especially good Monday against the Islanders when he notched two goals and had a pair of helpers.
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 0
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 33
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)