Feb 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Tavares, 22, had a hat trick Saturday against the Devils and currently sits sixth in league scoring, with 20 points in 14 games.
“He comes to the rink every day and gets better,” Isles coach Jack Capuano said recently, per the New York Hockey Journal.
“He’s prepared, he’s focused, he’s committed, he’s willing to do all little things and the intangibles to be one of the best players in the league and in the world. And that’s where he’s at right now.”
Fasth went 3-0-0 with a 1.89 goals-against average and .935 save percentage last week; the 30-year-old relative unknown is a remarkable 8-0-0 this season.
Tlusty, 24, had four goals and two assists last week in three straight Carolina victories. The 13th overall pick in the 2006 draft was especially good Monday against the Islanders when he notched two goals and had a pair of helpers.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 19
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 80
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)