Feb 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Tavares, 22, had a hat trick Saturday against the Devils and currently sits sixth in league scoring, with 20 points in 14 games.
“He comes to the rink every day and gets better,” Isles coach Jack Capuano said recently, per the New York Hockey Journal.
“He’s prepared, he’s focused, he’s committed, he’s willing to do all little things and the intangibles to be one of the best players in the league and in the world. And that’s where he’s at right now.”
Fasth went 3-0-0 with a 1.89 goals-against average and .935 save percentage last week; the 30-year-old relative unknown is a remarkable 8-0-0 this season.
Tlusty, 24, had four goals and two assists last week in three straight Carolina victories. The 13th overall pick in the 2006 draft was especially good Monday against the Islanders when he notched two goals and had a pair of helpers.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)