Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing for Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, as per a tweet from TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Giordano was penalized for tripping in the second period Sunday against the Dallas Stars. The Flames blue liner kicked out the legs of Stars forward Antoine Roussel, causing him to go crash into the end boards as the two players were chasing the puck.
Giordano suited up for Calgary’s Monday night contest against the Phoenix Coyotes. He has one goal and three points in 13 games for the Flames this season.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)