Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing for Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, as per a tweet from TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Giordano was penalized for tripping in the second period Sunday against the Dallas Stars. The Flames blue liner kicked out the legs of Stars forward Antoine Roussel, causing him to go crash into the end boards as the two players were chasing the puck.
Giordano suited up for Calgary’s Monday night contest against the Phoenix Coyotes. He has one goal and three points in 13 games for the Flames this season.
I think we can safely deduce Giordano is going to be, at most, fined, not suspended. If suspension was possible, wouldn't be playing tonite.—
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) February 19, 2013
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)