Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing for Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, as per a tweet from TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Giordano was penalized for tripping in the second period Sunday against the Dallas Stars. The Flames blue liner kicked out the legs of Stars forward Antoine Roussel, causing him to go crash into the end boards as the two players were chasing the puck.
Giordano suited up for Calgary’s Monday night contest against the Phoenix Coyotes. He has one goal and three points in 13 games for the Flames this season.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32