Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing for Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, as per a tweet from TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Giordano was penalized for tripping in the second period Sunday against the Dallas Stars. The Flames blue liner kicked out the legs of Stars forward Antoine Roussel, causing him to go crash into the end boards as the two players were chasing the puck.
Giordano suited up for Calgary’s Monday night contest against the Phoenix Coyotes. He has one goal and three points in 13 games for the Flames this season.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 6
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 39
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 20
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 23
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 130
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (130)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)