Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing for Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano, as per a tweet from TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Giordano was penalized for tripping in the second period Sunday against the Dallas Stars. The Flames blue liner kicked out the legs of Stars forward Antoine Roussel, causing him to go crash into the end boards as the two players were chasing the puck.
Giordano suited up for Calgary’s Monday night contest against the Phoenix Coyotes. He has one goal and three points in 13 games for the Flames this season.
I think we can safely deduce Giordano is going to be, at most, fined, not suspended. If suspension was possible, wouldn't be playing tonite.—
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) February 19, 2013
- In praise of John Tavares 2
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 9
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31