Feb 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Here’s the incident that led to Powe’s concussion:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Powe hadn’t scored a point in 13 games this season; he was in the middle of his fifth game as a member of the Rangers after being traded from the Minnesota Wild.
That said, it was clear the 27-year-old forward played a key role in the eyes of head coach John Tortorella.
“I missed Powe right away,” Tortorella said following the game. “He doesn’t have the stats, but it’s not always about stats.”
In Powe’s place, the Rangers have recalled forward Brandon Mashinter from AHL Connecticut.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 70
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 95
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (95)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)