Feb 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Here’s the incident that led to Powe’s concussion:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Powe hadn’t scored a point in 13 games this season; he was in the middle of his fifth game as a member of the Rangers after being traded from the Minnesota Wild.
That said, it was clear the 27-year-old forward played a key role in the eyes of head coach John Tortorella.
“I missed Powe right away,” Tortorella said following the game. “He doesn’t have the stats, but it’s not always about stats.”
In Powe’s place, the Rangers have recalled forward Brandon Mashinter from AHL Connecticut.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 5
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 3
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46