Feb 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Here’s the incident that led to Powe’s concussion:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Powe hadn’t scored a point in 13 games this season; he was in the middle of his fifth game as a member of the Rangers after being traded from the Minnesota Wild.
That said, it was clear the 27-year-old forward played a key role in the eyes of head coach John Tortorella.
“I missed Powe right away,” Tortorella said following the game. “He doesn’t have the stats, but it’s not always about stats.”
In Powe’s place, the Rangers have recalled forward Brandon Mashinter from AHL Connecticut.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39