Feb 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Here’s the incident that led to Powe’s concussion:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Powe hadn’t scored a point in 13 games this season; he was in the middle of his fifth game as a member of the Rangers after being traded from the Minnesota Wild.
That said, it was clear the 27-year-old forward played a key role in the eyes of head coach John Tortorella.
“I missed Powe right away,” Tortorella said following the game. “He doesn’t have the stats, but it’s not always about stats.”
In Powe’s place, the Rangers have recalled forward Brandon Mashinter from AHL Connecticut.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)