Feb 18, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Here’s the incident that led to Powe’s concussion:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Powe hadn’t scored a point in 13 games this season; he was in the middle of his fifth game as a member of the Rangers after being traded from the Minnesota Wild.
That said, it was clear the 27-year-old forward played a key role in the eyes of head coach John Tortorella.
“I missed Powe right away,” Tortorella said following the game. “He doesn’t have the stats, but it’s not always about stats.”
In Powe’s place, the Rangers have recalled forward Brandon Mashinter from AHL Connecticut.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 42
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 33
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22