Feb 18, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
Ben Scrivens now has back-to-back shutouts for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and has gone 142 minutes and 21 seconds since last allowing a goal.
On Monday, Scrivens turned aside all 37 shots he faced as the surging Leafs defeated the struggling Florida Panthers 3-0.
“You try to play each puck honestly,” Scrivens told the Toronto Sun prior to Monday’s game.
“Some days it’s easy and some days you have to work at it. Trying to be a clairvoyant and trying to predict what is going to happen is not conducive to a good game.”
Nazem Kadri, the Leafs 22-year-old center who was a highly touted seventh overall pick in the 2009 NHL Draft, is beginning to show signs at the big league level of why Toronto was so high on him coming out of junior hockey.
He scored once and added an assist against Florida and now has five points in his four games. He also leads the Leafs in scoring.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)