Feb 18, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
The line was stellar throughout the afternoon and gave hope that the Flyers — who had only been averaging 2.38 goals per game this year, 24th in the league — found a dynamic top line to boost their offense.
Voracek finished with four assists, Read with 1G-2A and Giroux with 2G-1A, the latter of great significance as it was Giroux’s first three-point performance of the year.
Giroux opened the scoring just 26 seconds into the game, with the assists going to — who else? — Read and Voracek. The goal also stood as the deciding tally, Giroux’s first game-winning goal of the season.
As for other key Flyers performances on the day:
– Daniel Briere finished with 2G-1A-3PTS, nearly doubling his output for the season. Coming into today, Briere had just five points through 12 games.
– Ilya Bryzgalov stopped all 19 shots for his first shutout of the season.
– Brayden Schenn finished with 1G-1A-2PTS, his second multi-point game of the season.
– Zac Rinaldo‘s third-period tally was his first point and goal of the year.
Not much to say from the Islanders’ side of things, other than they’ll want to throw this performance in the garbage and forget about it entirely.
Oh, and in case you’re curious, it was 16 years ago that Philly’s famed “Legion of Doom” line of Eric Lindros, John LeClair and Mikael Renberg combined for 16 points in a 8-5 win over the Ottawa Senators.
Dec 21, 2014, 1:18 AM EST
Christopher Tanev scored the overtime winner on his birthday.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:33 AM EST
Vancouver reported its holding him out of the rest of the game for precautionary reasons.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
Minnesota has won five of its last 13 games.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
They had pulled their goaltender on a delayed penalty.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Stamkos hopes this loss will serve as a wake up call.
Dec 20, 2014, 10:43 PM EST
Ray Emery certainly got a lot of offensive help with Steve Mason out.
Dec 20, 2014, 10:17 PM EST
Montreal beat Ottawa 4-1.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
It’s the third time this month New Jersey has been goalless.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Calvin Pickard had another great game.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
It’s been a heated game between Pittsburgh and Florida.
Dec 20, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
It set a franchise record for both teams.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Carlyle’s been unhappy with his “very erratic” play.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
They’ve combined for 13 points in the Kings’ last two games.
Dec 20, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
He might get that opportunity this weekend.
Dec 20, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
He might shatter some career-highs this season.
Dec 20, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
He’s shooting for Dec. 27 against Boston.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Larsson went to the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
Dec 20, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Saturday’s slew of starting goalies.
Dec 20, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Tampa Bay’s top goalie faced shots this morning.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Good luck trying to forecast their lines for Saturday.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8