Feb 18, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
The line was stellar throughout the afternoon and gave hope that the Flyers — who had only been averaging 2.38 goals per game this year, 24th in the league — found a dynamic top line to boost their offense.
Voracek finished with four assists, Read with 1G-2A and Giroux with 2G-1A, the latter of great significance as it was Giroux’s first three-point performance of the year.
Giroux opened the scoring just 26 seconds into the game, with the assists going to — who else? — Read and Voracek. The goal also stood as the deciding tally, Giroux’s first game-winning goal of the season.
As for other key Flyers performances on the day:
– Daniel Briere finished with 2G-1A-3PTS, nearly doubling his output for the season. Coming into today, Briere had just five points through 12 games.
– Ilya Bryzgalov stopped all 19 shots for his first shutout of the season.
– Brayden Schenn finished with 1G-1A-2PTS, his second multi-point game of the season.
– Zac Rinaldo‘s third-period tally was his first point and goal of the year.
Not much to say from the Islanders’ side of things, other than they’ll want to throw this performance in the garbage and forget about it entirely.
Oh, and in case you’re curious, it was 16 years ago that Philly’s famed “Legion of Doom” line of Eric Lindros, John LeClair and Mikael Renberg combined for 16 points in a 8-5 win over the Ottawa Senators.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
The Blues are one of the few teams in the NHL with a surplus of quality centers.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
Jordan Binnington on his way up to St. Louis.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:22 PM EST
What are the chances the Islanders, Leafs, Predators, Canucks, Flames and Jets can hang on?
Nov 26, 2014, 12:11 PM EST
Fall from grace for the former 30-goal scorer.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
Out “a couple of weeks” with a lower-body injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Arizona forward forced the Avs d-man from the game.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Dallas forward does have a history with the NHL’s player safety department.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
To cheer, or boo? That’s the query.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Two teams headed down different paths?
Nov 26, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
He missed the last three games with an upper-body injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It’s a question that could decide a playoff spot or two.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
Tough start to the season for the veteran defenseman.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:12 AM EST
Wednesday’s roundup of links.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
Colorado has now won four of five.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Jackets and Oilers talking trade.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
The Avs’ defenseman left the game and did not return.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Oilers’ forward has had his share of knee injuries.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Spent time in Vancouver as a player and a coach.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
Will not return due to a lower body injury.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Extends point streak to five games.
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 4
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 4
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 9
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)