Feb 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
He may be new in town, but Flames coach Bob Hartley didn’t take long to start singing the same tune as frustrated Calgary hockey fans.
“The fact is — three years with no playoffs, no playoff-round (wins) since 2004,” Hartley said Sunday morning in Dallas, per the Calgary Herald.
“We need to get some answers here. To sit and watch the parade go by . . . like, how long will that go on?”
The Flames managed to beat the Stars last night, but Calgary’s 5-5-3 record has the team three points back of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
If the Flames aren’t in a postseason position by the April 3 trade deadline, speculation will once again surround captain Jarome Iginla. Teams might also come calling about goalie Miikka Kiprusoff and defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
Tonight in Phoenix, recently signed goalie Danny Taylor will get his first career NHL start. The 26-year-old has spent most of the season with AHL Abbotsford, where he’s put up a 13-10-1 record with a sparkling .929 save percentage and 1.82 goals-against average.
“You know what I like about him?” said Hartley of Taylor. “He’s one of those late-bloomers, with the potential of being the next Dwayne Roloson or something like that. I really believe in this.
“And now with our situation in net — with Kipper’s injury — it allows us some flexibility. We want to try some experiments.”
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)