Feb 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
He may be new in town, but Flames coach Bob Hartley didn’t take long to start singing the same tune as frustrated Calgary hockey fans.
“The fact is — three years with no playoffs, no playoff-round (wins) since 2004,” Hartley said Sunday morning in Dallas, per the Calgary Herald.
“We need to get some answers here. To sit and watch the parade go by . . . like, how long will that go on?”
The Flames managed to beat the Stars last night, but Calgary’s 5-5-3 record has the team three points back of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
If the Flames aren’t in a postseason position by the April 3 trade deadline, speculation will once again surround captain Jarome Iginla. Teams might also come calling about goalie Miikka Kiprusoff and defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
Tonight in Phoenix, recently signed goalie Danny Taylor will get his first career NHL start. The 26-year-old has spent most of the season with AHL Abbotsford, where he’s put up a 13-10-1 record with a sparkling .929 save percentage and 1.82 goals-against average.
“You know what I like about him?” said Hartley of Taylor. “He’s one of those late-bloomers, with the potential of being the next Dwayne Roloson or something like that. I really believe in this.
“And now with our situation in net — with Kipper’s injury — it allows us some flexibility. We want to try some experiments.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54