Feb 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
He may be new in town, but Flames coach Bob Hartley didn’t take long to start singing the same tune as frustrated Calgary hockey fans.
“The fact is — three years with no playoffs, no playoff-round (wins) since 2004,” Hartley said Sunday morning in Dallas, per the Calgary Herald.
“We need to get some answers here. To sit and watch the parade go by . . . like, how long will that go on?”
The Flames managed to beat the Stars last night, but Calgary’s 5-5-3 record has the team three points back of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
If the Flames aren’t in a postseason position by the April 3 trade deadline, speculation will once again surround captain Jarome Iginla. Teams might also come calling about goalie Miikka Kiprusoff and defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
Tonight in Phoenix, recently signed goalie Danny Taylor will get his first career NHL start. The 26-year-old has spent most of the season with AHL Abbotsford, where he’s put up a 13-10-1 record with a sparkling .929 save percentage and 1.82 goals-against average.
“You know what I like about him?” said Hartley of Taylor. “He’s one of those late-bloomers, with the potential of being the next Dwayne Roloson or something like that. I really believe in this.
“And now with our situation in net — with Kipper’s injury — it allows us some flexibility. We want to try some experiments.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)