Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
With the worst record in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-9-2) can’t afford for things to get worse, so they’re hoping for good news when doctors examine injured center Brandon Dubinsky on Tuesday after the team comes home from its road trip.
Dubinsky hurt his knee during Saturday’s 5-3 loss at Phoenix and will miss tonight’s game in Anaheim.
“Well, it’s a blow, for sure,” head coach Todd Richards said, per The Dispatch. “You just hope it’s good news Tuesday.”
There is some good news to report today. Defenseman James Wisniewski will be back against the Ducks after his wife gave birth over the weekend.
Our beautiful daughter was born at 12:40am Feb 16th, 2013. 7lbs 3oz. 20inches Nicole was in labor for 40hrs pushed for 3!!! A true warrior!
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) February 16, 2013
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)