Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
With the worst record in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-9-2) can’t afford for things to get worse, so they’re hoping for good news when doctors examine injured center Brandon Dubinsky on Tuesday after the team comes home from its road trip.
Dubinsky hurt his knee during Saturday’s 5-3 loss at Phoenix and will miss tonight’s game in Anaheim.
“Well, it’s a blow, for sure,” head coach Todd Richards said, per The Dispatch. “You just hope it’s good news Tuesday.”
There is some good news to report today. Defenseman James Wisniewski will be back against the Ducks after his wife gave birth over the weekend.
Our beautiful daughter was born at 12:40am Feb 16th, 2013. 7lbs 3oz. 20inches Nicole was in labor for 40hrs pushed for 3!!! A true warrior!
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) February 16, 2013
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 31
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)