Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
With the worst record in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-9-2) can’t afford for things to get worse, so they’re hoping for good news when doctors examine injured center Brandon Dubinsky on Tuesday after the team comes home from its road trip.
Dubinsky hurt his knee during Saturday’s 5-3 loss at Phoenix and will miss tonight’s game in Anaheim.
“Well, it’s a blow, for sure,” head coach Todd Richards said, per The Dispatch. “You just hope it’s good news Tuesday.”
There is some good news to report today. Defenseman James Wisniewski will be back against the Ducks after his wife gave birth over the weekend.
Our beautiful daughter was born at 12:40am Feb 16th, 2013. 7lbs 3oz. 20inches Nicole was in labor for 40hrs pushed for 3!!! A true warrior!
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) February 16, 2013
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)