Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
With the worst record in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-9-2) can’t afford for things to get worse, so they’re hoping for good news when doctors examine injured center Brandon Dubinsky on Tuesday after the team comes home from its road trip.
Dubinsky hurt his knee during Saturday’s 5-3 loss at Phoenix and will miss tonight’s game in Anaheim.
“Well, it’s a blow, for sure,” head coach Todd Richards said, per The Dispatch. “You just hope it’s good news Tuesday.”
There is some good news to report today. Defenseman James Wisniewski will be back against the Ducks after his wife gave birth over the weekend.
Our beautiful daughter was born at 12:40am Feb 16th, 2013. 7lbs 3oz. 20inches Nicole was in labor for 40hrs pushed for 3!!! A true warrior!
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) February 16, 2013
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 6
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)