Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
With the worst record in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-9-2) can’t afford for things to get worse, so they’re hoping for good news when doctors examine injured center Brandon Dubinsky on Tuesday after the team comes home from its road trip.
Dubinsky hurt his knee during Saturday’s 5-3 loss at Phoenix and will miss tonight’s game in Anaheim.
“Well, it’s a blow, for sure,” head coach Todd Richards said, per The Dispatch. “You just hope it’s good news Tuesday.”
There is some good news to report today. Defenseman James Wisniewski will be back against the Ducks after his wife gave birth over the weekend.
Our beautiful daughter was born at 12:40am Feb 16th, 2013. 7lbs 3oz. 20inches Nicole was in labor for 40hrs pushed for 3!!! A true warrior!
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) February 16, 2013
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)