Feb 18, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues earned a 4-3 shootout victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday, but they got some good news before the game even started.
Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak was warming the bench after spending roughly two weeks on the sidelines with a strained groin. He’ll probably play between the pipes on Tuesday or Wednesday, according to the team’s website.
The St. Louis Blues turned to netminder Brian Elliott due to Halak’s injury, but Elliott went on to post an ugly 4.67 GAA and .810 save percentage in five games.
With the Blues in a free fall because of their goaltending woes, St. Louis benched Elliott in favor of 22-year-old goaltender Jake Allen.
Allen wasn’t stunning, but the Blues won three straight with him in net. He also had his moments as you can see below:
It’s worth adding that Halak has already attempted to return from this injury once before. He was activated off of the injured reserve list on Feb. 10 with the hope that he’d play against the Los Angeles Kings the following day. However, he re-aggravated his groin injury during warmups and was forced to miss another week.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Meanwhile, Adam Clendening will make his NHL debut tonight vs. Calgary.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
The Canadiens are stockpiling blueliners, it seems.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Former teammates at Lake Superior State University, traded for each other.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
“Mr. Voynov maintains his innocence and looks forward to clearing his name in court. We remain confident.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
“I don’t even remember who we play the next game.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:43 PM EST
Faces up to nine years in prison.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The information was out there, the league argues.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
A look at two of the NHL’s most intriguing coaching situations.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Are the Leafs married to mediocrity?
Nov 20, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
No makeup date announced yet.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
But the guy head coach Jon Cooper really wants back is Victor Hedman.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Prized free agent signing has just one goal in 17 games.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Nine of 10 against teams that made the playoffs last season.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Edmonton lost again last night, and made a number of glaring mistakes in the process.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Wings GM Ken Holland acknowledged he took a gamble.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Stars take on Arizona tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
Following a listless 2-0 defeat to the Rangers.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
He’s played nine games for Boston this year.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
He’s only participated in six games so far.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 13
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 23
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)