Feb 17, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last night’s Montreal-Philly game saw a pair of Habs players leave with injuries. Both Brendan Gallagher and Max Pacioretty left with “upper body injuries” and the update on Pacioretty shows he’s found a way to suffer yet another ailment that makes you wonder if he was born under a bad sign.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says Pacioretty suffered a deep cut in the rib area courtesy of an errant skate blade and his status for Monday’s game is up in the air.
You’d like to think that for most people that would mean missing a fair amount of time, but this is Pacioretty we’re talking about here. He recovered from an emergency appendectomy in eight days and his incredibly fast return after his severe concussion in the Zdeno Chara incident makes him live up to his “Wolverine” moniker.
At this point, he’s more like the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” than anything. After all, it’s just a flesh wound. Just make sure to keep Mikhail Grabovski‘s terrible, sharp, nasty, pointy teeth away from him.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)