Feb 17, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last night’s Montreal-Philly game saw a pair of Habs players leave with injuries. Both Brendan Gallagher and Max Pacioretty left with “upper body injuries” and the update on Pacioretty shows he’s found a way to suffer yet another ailment that makes you wonder if he was born under a bad sign.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says Pacioretty suffered a deep cut in the rib area courtesy of an errant skate blade and his status for Monday’s game is up in the air.
You’d like to think that for most people that would mean missing a fair amount of time, but this is Pacioretty we’re talking about here. He recovered from an emergency appendectomy in eight days and his incredibly fast return after his severe concussion in the Zdeno Chara incident makes him live up to his “Wolverine” moniker.
At this point, he’s more like the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” than anything. After all, it’s just a flesh wound. Just make sure to keep Mikhail Grabovski‘s terrible, sharp, nasty, pointy teeth away from him.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)