Feb 17, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last night’s Montreal-Philly game saw a pair of Habs players leave with injuries. Both Brendan Gallagher and Max Pacioretty left with “upper body injuries” and the update on Pacioretty shows he’s found a way to suffer yet another ailment that makes you wonder if he was born under a bad sign.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says Pacioretty suffered a deep cut in the rib area courtesy of an errant skate blade and his status for Monday’s game is up in the air.
You’d like to think that for most people that would mean missing a fair amount of time, but this is Pacioretty we’re talking about here. He recovered from an emergency appendectomy in eight days and his incredibly fast return after his severe concussion in the Zdeno Chara incident makes him live up to his “Wolverine” moniker.
At this point, he’s more like the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” than anything. After all, it’s just a flesh wound. Just make sure to keep Mikhail Grabovski‘s terrible, sharp, nasty, pointy teeth away from him.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 11
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (91)