Feb 17, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last night’s Montreal-Philly game saw a pair of Habs players leave with injuries. Both Brendan Gallagher and Max Pacioretty left with “upper body injuries” and the update on Pacioretty shows he’s found a way to suffer yet another ailment that makes you wonder if he was born under a bad sign.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says Pacioretty suffered a deep cut in the rib area courtesy of an errant skate blade and his status for Monday’s game is up in the air.
You’d like to think that for most people that would mean missing a fair amount of time, but this is Pacioretty we’re talking about here. He recovered from an emergency appendectomy in eight days and his incredibly fast return after his severe concussion in the Zdeno Chara incident makes him live up to his “Wolverine” moniker.
At this point, he’s more like the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” than anything. After all, it’s just a flesh wound. Just make sure to keep Mikhail Grabovski‘s terrible, sharp, nasty, pointy teeth away from him.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)