Feb 17, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby was on top of his game on Sunday – ultimately making 38 out of 40 saves – so the feeling was that the New York Rangers would need to pull out all the stops to beat him.
The 2-1 game-winner proved that. As you can see, Rick Nash kept the puck in the offensive zone and started a chain reaction of passes as the puck went from Brad Richards to Michael Del Zotto and finally made its way to Derek Stepan for this beauty on the power play:
Want more from the final game of the Hockey Day in America trilogy? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39