Feb 17, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby was on top of his game on Sunday – ultimately making 38 out of 40 saves – so the feeling was that the New York Rangers would need to pull out all the stops to beat him.
The 2-1 game-winner proved that. As you can see, Rick Nash kept the puck in the offensive zone and started a chain reaction of passes as the puck went from Brad Richards to Michael Del Zotto and finally made its way to Derek Stepan for this beauty on the power play:
Want more from the final game of the Hockey Day in America trilogy? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5