Feb 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 victory against the Buffalo Sabres had a little bit of everything. Big goals, big saves, and, of course, a fight.
One of the more noteworthy things about this brawl is the sportsmanship Sabres’ McCormick showed. When Glass’ sweater went over his head, McCormick let up mid-fight so that Glass could get out of that vulnerable position before they continued.
You can watch the full fight below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It’s also worth noting that McCormick delivered a questionable hit on Penguins forward Brandon Sutter in the second period that Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma took exception to.
“I don’t think he had the puck,” Bylsma said when asked if he thought McCormick’s hit was high, according to Tribune-Review writer Josh Yohe.
You can view that hit below:
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)