Feb 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 victory against the Buffalo Sabres had a little bit of everything. Big goals, big saves, and, of course, a fight.
One of the more noteworthy things about this brawl is the sportsmanship Sabres’ McCormick showed. When Glass’ sweater went over his head, McCormick let up mid-fight so that Glass could get out of that vulnerable position before they continued.
You can watch the full fight below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It’s also worth noting that McCormick delivered a questionable hit on Penguins forward Brandon Sutter in the second period that Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma took exception to.
“I don’t think he had the puck,” Bylsma said when asked if he thought McCormick’s hit was high, according to Tribune-Review writer Josh Yohe.
You can view that hit below:
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)