Feb 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 victory against the Buffalo Sabres had a little bit of everything. Big goals, big saves, and, of course, a fight.
One of the more noteworthy things about this brawl is the sportsmanship Sabres’ McCormick showed. When Glass’ sweater went over his head, McCormick let up mid-fight so that Glass could get out of that vulnerable position before they continued.
You can watch the full fight below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It’s also worth noting that McCormick delivered a questionable hit on Penguins forward Brandon Sutter in the second period that Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma took exception to.
“I don’t think he had the puck,” Bylsma said when asked if he thought McCormick’s hit was high, according to Tribune-Review writer Josh Yohe.
You can view that hit below:
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)