Feb 17, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
While things got tense in the third period, the Chicago Blackhawks squeaked by the Los Angeles Kings to win 3-2 on Sunday.
That moves the red-hot team to 12-0-3, leaving them one win (or charity point) away from matching the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks’ record for recording at least one standings point in the first 16 games of a season.
Here’s a quick post-game interview with captain Jonathan Toews, who discussed the team’s strong start and Sunday’s win:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want a better idea of that game? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9