Feb 17, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
While things got tense in the third period, the Chicago Blackhawks squeaked by the Los Angeles Kings to win 3-2 on Sunday.
That moves the red-hot team to 12-0-3, leaving them one win (or charity point) away from matching the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks’ record for recording at least one standings point in the first 16 games of a season.
Here’s a quick post-game interview with captain Jonathan Toews, who discussed the team’s strong start and Sunday’s win:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want a better idea of that game? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)