Feb 17, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
While things got tense in the third period, the Chicago Blackhawks squeaked by the Los Angeles Kings to win 3-2 on Sunday.
That moves the red-hot team to 12-0-3, leaving them one win (or charity point) away from matching the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks’ record for recording at least one standings point in the first 16 games of a season.
Here’s a quick post-game interview with captain Jonathan Toews, who discussed the team’s strong start and Sunday’s win:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want a better idea of that game? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)