Feb 17, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
While things got tense in the third period, the Chicago Blackhawks squeaked by the Los Angeles Kings to win 3-2 on Sunday.
That moves the red-hot team to 12-0-3, leaving them one win (or charity point) away from matching the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks’ record for recording at least one standings point in the first 16 games of a season.
Here’s a quick post-game interview with captain Jonathan Toews, who discussed the team’s strong start and Sunday’s win:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want a better idea of that game? Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)