Feb 17, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Lehtonen has been a key part of the Dallas Stars’ solid start. He’s posted a 7-2-1 record, 2.12 GAA, and .934 save percentage in 12 contests in 2013.
The move is retroactive to Friday, when the Finnish netminder left the Stars 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in the first period. That means that he will be ineligible to play tonight against Calgary and versus Vancouver on Thursday.
“He is still day-to-day, lower body,” said Stars coach Glen Gulutzan. “We looked at him today, and certainly he has had that injury before in Phoenix last year, but this one is not as severe.”
He was sidelined for 12 contests due to a groin injury early in the 2011-12 campaign.
With Lehtonen unavailable, Richard Bachman will play between the pipes today. Bachman has a 3.89 GAA and .861 save percentage in four games this season.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 5
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)