Feb 17, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
Lehtonen has been a key part of the Dallas Stars’ solid start. He’s posted a 7-2-1 record, 2.12 GAA, and .934 save percentage in 12 contests in 2013.
The move is retroactive to Friday, when the Finnish netminder left the Stars 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in the first period. That means that he will be ineligible to play tonight against Calgary and versus Vancouver on Thursday.
“He is still day-to-day, lower body,” said Stars coach Glen Gulutzan. “We looked at him today, and certainly he has had that injury before in Phoenix last year, but this one is not as severe.”
He was sidelined for 12 contests due to a groin injury early in the 2011-12 campaign.
With Lehtonen unavailable, Richard Bachman will play between the pipes today. Bachman has a 3.89 GAA and .861 save percentage in four games this season.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8