Feb 17, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Lehtonen has been a key part of the Dallas Stars’ solid start. He’s posted a 7-2-1 record, 2.12 GAA, and .934 save percentage in 12 contests in 2013.
The move is retroactive to Friday, when the Finnish netminder left the Stars 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in the first period. That means that he will be ineligible to play tonight against Calgary and versus Vancouver on Thursday.
“He is still day-to-day, lower body,” said Stars coach Glen Gulutzan. “We looked at him today, and certainly he has had that injury before in Phoenix last year, but this one is not as severe.”
He was sidelined for 12 contests due to a groin injury early in the 2011-12 campaign.
With Lehtonen unavailable, Richard Bachman will play between the pipes today. Bachman has a 3.89 GAA and .861 save percentage in four games this season.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)