Feb 17, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Lehtonen has been a key part of the Dallas Stars’ solid start. He’s posted a 7-2-1 record, 2.12 GAA, and .934 save percentage in 12 contests in 2013.
The move is retroactive to Friday, when the Finnish netminder left the Stars 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in the first period. That means that he will be ineligible to play tonight against Calgary and versus Vancouver on Thursday.
“He is still day-to-day, lower body,” said Stars coach Glen Gulutzan. “We looked at him today, and certainly he has had that injury before in Phoenix last year, but this one is not as severe.”
He was sidelined for 12 contests due to a groin injury early in the 2011-12 campaign.
With Lehtonen unavailable, Richard Bachman will play between the pipes today. Bachman has a 3.89 GAA and .861 save percentage in four games this season.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (161)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (58)