Feb 17, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
It’s not clear how bad the issue is, but it was troubling enough to keep him off the ice in the third period.
Perhaps the outcome might have been a little different if Daley, 29, was available for the full game. The Stars carried a 3-1 lead into the final frame only to see the game slip away 4-3 in regulation. The Flames also beat Richard Bachman and the Stars on Wednesday by a score of 7-4.
Losing Daley wouldn’t have the obvious impact of the Stars’ other noteworthy sidelined players Kari Lehtonen (groin) and Ray Whitney (foot), but the blueliner tends to log between 21 and 22 minutes per night.
He hasn’t been the offensive threat that the Stars envisioned (especially considering his occasionally flashes of brilliance with the puck), but he’s one of the steadier guys on a group that’s pretty inexperienced overall.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)