Feb 17, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
It’s not clear how bad the issue is, but it was troubling enough to keep him off the ice in the third period.
Perhaps the outcome might have been a little different if Daley, 29, was available for the full game. The Stars carried a 3-1 lead into the final frame only to see the game slip away 4-3 in regulation. The Flames also beat Richard Bachman and the Stars on Wednesday by a score of 7-4.
Losing Daley wouldn’t have the obvious impact of the Stars’ other noteworthy sidelined players Kari Lehtonen (groin) and Ray Whitney (foot), but the blueliner tends to log between 21 and 22 minutes per night.
He hasn’t been the offensive threat that the Stars envisioned (especially considering his occasionally flashes of brilliance with the puck), but he’s one of the steadier guys on a group that’s pretty inexperienced overall.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15