Feb 17, 2013, 9:31 PM EST
It’s not clear how bad the issue is, but it was troubling enough to keep him off the ice in the third period.
Perhaps the outcome might have been a little different if Daley, 29, was available for the full game. The Stars carried a 3-1 lead into the final frame only to see the game slip away 4-3 in regulation. The Flames also beat Richard Bachman and the Stars on Wednesday by a score of 7-4.
Losing Daley wouldn’t have the obvious impact of the Stars’ other noteworthy sidelined players Kari Lehtonen (groin) and Ray Whitney (foot), but the blueliner tends to log between 21 and 22 minutes per night.
He hasn’t been the offensive threat that the Stars envisioned (especially considering his occasionally flashes of brilliance with the puck), but he’s one of the steadier guys on a group that’s pretty inexperienced overall.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)