Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rick Nash is playing for the New York Rangers against the Washington Capitals in NBC Sports Network’s Sunday game, but it was a decision that seemingly went down to the last minute.
Head coach John Tortorella wasn’t exactly verbose when explaining what was bothering Nash to ESPN’s Katie Strang:
“None of your business,” Tortorella said.
The smokescreen has been going on for the weekend, as Tortorella described a Saturday skipped practice as a “body maintenance day.”
(You should try a similar excuse to get out of work; just ask for a “brain maintenance day.”)
The 28-year-old power forward has been heating up, too, with a goal and three assists in his last three games. Overall, he has 11 points in 13 contests in 2013.
The prettiest might just be this assist from Tuesday’s shootout loss against the Boston Bruins:
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)