Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Rick Nash is playing for the New York Rangers against the Washington Capitals in NBC Sports Network’s Sunday game, but it was a decision that seemingly went down to the last minute.
Head coach John Tortorella wasn’t exactly verbose when explaining what was bothering Nash to ESPN’s Katie Strang:
“None of your business,” Tortorella said.
The smokescreen has been going on for the weekend, as Tortorella described a Saturday skipped practice as a “body maintenance day.”
(You should try a similar excuse to get out of work; just ask for a “brain maintenance day.”)
The 28-year-old power forward has been heating up, too, with a goal and three assists in his last three games. Overall, he has 11 points in 13 contests in 2013.
The prettiest might just be this assist from Tuesday’s shootout loss against the Boston Bruins:
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)