Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Rick Nash is playing for the New York Rangers against the Washington Capitals in NBC Sports Network’s Sunday game, but it was a decision that seemingly went down to the last minute.
Head coach John Tortorella wasn’t exactly verbose when explaining what was bothering Nash to ESPN’s Katie Strang:
“None of your business,” Tortorella said.
The smokescreen has been going on for the weekend, as Tortorella described a Saturday skipped practice as a “body maintenance day.”
(You should try a similar excuse to get out of work; just ask for a “brain maintenance day.”)
The 28-year-old power forward has been heating up, too, with a goal and three assists in his last three games. Overall, he has 11 points in 13 contests in 2013.
The prettiest might just be this assist from Tuesday’s shootout loss against the Boston Bruins:
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)