Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rick Nash is playing for the New York Rangers against the Washington Capitals in NBC Sports Network’s Sunday game, but it was a decision that seemingly went down to the last minute.
Head coach John Tortorella wasn’t exactly verbose when explaining what was bothering Nash to ESPN’s Katie Strang:
“None of your business,” Tortorella said.
The smokescreen has been going on for the weekend, as Tortorella described a Saturday skipped practice as a “body maintenance day.”
(You should try a similar excuse to get out of work; just ask for a “brain maintenance day.”)
The 28-year-old power forward has been heating up, too, with a goal and three assists in his last three games. Overall, he has 11 points in 13 contests in 2013.
The prettiest might just be this assist from Tuesday’s shootout loss against the Boston Bruins:
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)