Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rick Nash is playing for the New York Rangers against the Washington Capitals in NBC Sports Network’s Sunday game, but it was a decision that seemingly went down to the last minute.
Head coach John Tortorella wasn’t exactly verbose when explaining what was bothering Nash to ESPN’s Katie Strang:
“None of your business,” Tortorella said.
The smokescreen has been going on for the weekend, as Tortorella described a Saturday skipped practice as a “body maintenance day.”
(You should try a similar excuse to get out of work; just ask for a “brain maintenance day.”)
The 28-year-old power forward has been heating up, too, with a goal and three assists in his last three games. Overall, he has 11 points in 13 contests in 2013.
The prettiest might just be this assist from Tuesday’s shootout loss against the Boston Bruins:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)