Feb 17, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be without power forward Milan Lucic against the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday, but the good news is that it isn’t because he’s injured. Instead, Lucic flew back to Boston for personal reasons, according to CSNNE.com.
Head coach Claude Julien didn’t seem bothered by his departure.
“It’s personal reasons. He’s gone back to Boston. It’s one of those things that happens every once in a while and we’re all human here,” Julien said. “So he’s gone back to Boston.”
Lucic has re-established much of the chemistry he had with David Krejci and Nathan Horton in the 2011 playoffs, when that line was one of the best of the postseason. The 24-year-old forward signed a three-year, $18 million contract extension in September.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)