Feb 16, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Willie Mitchell‘s awkward injury saga with the Kings continues to roll along.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times reports there’s no update in Mitchell’s status and he won’t be traveling with the team on their upcoming three-game road trip.
Mitchell’s absence in the Kings lineup has been missed and only enhanced given other injuries to guys like Alec Martinez and Matt Greene. It’s also been a source of contention and hilarious quotes for coach Darryl Sutter as well.
The coach piled on the other day, as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared, telling reporters: “Willie Mitchell, I have no update. The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player that’s missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
If he’d like to avoid continuing to be the butt of jokes, Mitchell may want to be healthy by the time the team returns from their swing through Chicago, Edmonton, and Calgary.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (97)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)