Feb 16, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Willie Mitchell‘s awkward injury saga with the Kings continues to roll along.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times reports there’s no update in Mitchell’s status and he won’t be traveling with the team on their upcoming three-game road trip.
Mitchell’s absence in the Kings lineup has been missed and only enhanced given other injuries to guys like Alec Martinez and Matt Greene. It’s also been a source of contention and hilarious quotes for coach Darryl Sutter as well.
The coach piled on the other day, as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared, telling reporters: “Willie Mitchell, I have no update. The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player that’s missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
If he’d like to avoid continuing to be the butt of jokes, Mitchell may want to be healthy by the time the team returns from their swing through Chicago, Edmonton, and Calgary.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)