Feb 16, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Things had started off so well for the Sharks. They won their first seven games of the season and looked like they’d be world beaters in the shortened NHL season.
After losing to Chicago last night, however, they’re losers of seven in a row and the team is pointing fingers at each other. Kevin Kurz from CSNBayArea.com reports that the losing skid could lead to a roster shake-up that sees deals being made as coach Todd McLellan alluded to.
“I think everybody needs to be concerned about the performance of the team – players, managers, we’re all in it together,” McLellan said. “When you start pointing fingers at one individual, there’s three pointing right back at you. Let’s all clean up what we do, whether we’re a coach or a player, and let’s perform to our abilities.”
The Sharks don’t play again until Tuesday in St. Louis and even the players seem to know something could happen that forces a change to the team. Team captain Joe Thornton went so far as saying, “We’ve had a lot of guys in here who have been traded, it’s part of the business.”
At the very least, you can’t say they’re not ready for change if it happens. GM Doug Wilson has some work ahead of him.
May 20, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
That’s Darnell Nurse, a highly-touted prospect for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
May 20, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
But don’t worry, Sens fans — he’s fine.
May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
San Jose’s Logan Couture played the hero on Saturday night.
May 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Which is exactly what the goalie was following Game 3.
May 20, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
All three captains are still competing in the playoffs.
May 20, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
And Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen was apparently on board.
May 20, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Washington is moving into a very tough division.
May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
He had no points and seven fights.
May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
Game 3 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 20, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 20, 2013, 1:56 AM EDT
Had success as a QMJHL coach in Quebec.
May 20, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
That close to going up 3-0.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
May 19, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Ottawa back in the series.
May 19, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Looked like a minor penalty. Went undetected.
May 19, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
May 19, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Tried to sell it. Didn’t work.
May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Pittsburgh with the lead after two periods.
May 19, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Big hit. Appeared clean, too.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 1
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 6
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 7
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 42
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot