Feb 16, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens began Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers without the services of goalie Carey Price.
Brendan Gallagher left the game in the third period after taking a hit from Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn. Max Pacioretty also left the game and went to the Canadiens dressing room after crashing into the goal post.
The Canadian Press reported that, according to Habs coach Michel Therrien, both players have upper body injuries.
Gallagher, who was put on a line with Pacioretty and David Desharnais, opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the season, and added an assist in the second period.
Pacioretty had a pair of assists.
“[Gallagher] played a great game, and you know what, when you have a good work ethic and you work hard, good things happen to you,” Therrien told NHL.com.
“He seemed to light up that line.”
Habs goalie Peter Budaj, who got the start in place of Price, was tested only 19 times all game. In fact, the Flyers only had 10 shots through 40 minutes of play.
The Canadiens are now atop the Northeast Division, one point ahead of the Boston Bruins.
The Flyers, however, occupy the bottom of the Atlantic Division and are now 2-8-0 on the road.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)