Feb 16, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens began Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers without the services of goalie Carey Price.
Brendan Gallagher left the game in the third period after taking a hit from Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn. Max Pacioretty also left the game and went to the Canadiens dressing room after crashing into the goal post.
The Canadian Press reported that, according to Habs coach Michel Therrien, both players have upper body injuries.
Gallagher, who was put on a line with Pacioretty and David Desharnais, opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the season, and added an assist in the second period.
Pacioretty had a pair of assists.
“[Gallagher] played a great game, and you know what, when you have a good work ethic and you work hard, good things happen to you,” Therrien told NHL.com.
“He seemed to light up that line.”
Habs goalie Peter Budaj, who got the start in place of Price, was tested only 19 times all game. In fact, the Flyers only had 10 shots through 40 minutes of play.
The Canadiens are now atop the Northeast Division, one point ahead of the Boston Bruins.
The Flyers, however, occupy the bottom of the Atlantic Division and are now 2-8-0 on the road.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (62)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)