Feb 16, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens began Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers without the services of goalie Carey Price.
Brendan Gallagher left the game in the third period after taking a hit from Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn. Max Pacioretty also left the game and went to the Canadiens dressing room after crashing into the goal post.
The Canadian Press reported that, according to Habs coach Michel Therrien, both players have upper body injuries.
Gallagher, who was put on a line with Pacioretty and David Desharnais, opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the season, and added an assist in the second period.
Pacioretty had a pair of assists.
“[Gallagher] played a great game, and you know what, when you have a good work ethic and you work hard, good things happen to you,” Therrien told NHL.com.
“He seemed to light up that line.”
Habs goalie Peter Budaj, who got the start in place of Price, was tested only 19 times all game. In fact, the Flyers only had 10 shots through 40 minutes of play.
The Canadiens are now atop the Northeast Division, one point ahead of the Boston Bruins.
The Flyers, however, occupy the bottom of the Atlantic Division and are now 2-8-0 on the road.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 28
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)