Feb 16, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens began Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers without the services of goalie Carey Price.
Brendan Gallagher left the game in the third period after taking a hit from Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn. Max Pacioretty also left the game and went to the Canadiens dressing room after crashing into the goal post.
The Canadian Press reported that, according to Habs coach Michel Therrien, both players have upper body injuries.
Gallagher, who was put on a line with Pacioretty and David Desharnais, opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the season, and added an assist in the second period.
Pacioretty had a pair of assists.
“[Gallagher] played a great game, and you know what, when you have a good work ethic and you work hard, good things happen to you,” Therrien told NHL.com.
“He seemed to light up that line.”
Habs goalie Peter Budaj, who got the start in place of Price, was tested only 19 times all game. In fact, the Flyers only had 10 shots through 40 minutes of play.
The Canadiens are now atop the Northeast Division, one point ahead of the Boston Bruins.
The Flyers, however, occupy the bottom of the Atlantic Division and are now 2-8-0 on the road.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)