Feb 16, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Bogosian, the Jets 22-year-old defenseman, saw 25:38 in ice time in his return to the Winnipeg lineup Friday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Jets lost 3-1.
“For my first game back, I think my conditioning felt pretty good,” Bogosian told the Winnipeg Free Press. “At the start of the game, I felt great when I jumped on the ice and everyone started cheering. That kinds of gives you a little more boost than you normally have.”
While Bogosian returned, the Jets could be facing another injury on the blue line.
Patrick Williams of NHL.com reported last night that Jets’ defenseman Tobias Enstrom, 28, left the game “after taking a heavy hit from Pascal Dupuis along the boards on his second shift of the game.”
Enstrom, who was second in scoring amongst NHL defensemen with 13 points in 13 games, did not return. The early prognosis out of Winnipeg doesn’t seem immediately positive.
“He has a shoulder issue that will put him out for a little while,” head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun on Saturday.
“We don’t know exactly how long we have to wait for the results of the MRI, which is happening today, so we’ll know more of that tomorrow.”
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 0
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 9
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 18
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)