Feb 16, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Bogosian, the Jets 22-year-old defenseman, saw 25:38 in ice time in his return to the Winnipeg lineup Friday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Jets lost 3-1.
“For my first game back, I think my conditioning felt pretty good,” Bogosian told the Winnipeg Free Press. “At the start of the game, I felt great when I jumped on the ice and everyone started cheering. That kinds of gives you a little more boost than you normally have.”
While Bogosian returned, the Jets could be facing another injury on the blue line.
Patrick Williams of NHL.com reported last night that Jets’ defenseman Tobias Enstrom, 28, left the game “after taking a heavy hit from Pascal Dupuis along the boards on his second shift of the game.”
Enstrom, who was second in scoring amongst NHL defensemen with 13 points in 13 games, did not return. The early prognosis out of Winnipeg doesn’t seem immediately positive.
“He has a shoulder issue that will put him out for a little while,” head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun on Saturday.
“We don’t know exactly how long we have to wait for the results of the MRI, which is happening today, so we’ll know more of that tomorrow.”
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)