Feb 16, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Bogosian, the Jets 22-year-old defenseman, saw 25:38 in ice time in his return to the Winnipeg lineup Friday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Jets lost 3-1.
“For my first game back, I think my conditioning felt pretty good,” Bogosian told the Winnipeg Free Press. “At the start of the game, I felt great when I jumped on the ice and everyone started cheering. That kinds of gives you a little more boost than you normally have.”
While Bogosian returned, the Jets could be facing another injury on the blue line.
Patrick Williams of NHL.com reported last night that Jets’ defenseman Tobias Enstrom, 28, left the game “after taking a heavy hit from Pascal Dupuis along the boards on his second shift of the game.”
Enstrom, who was second in scoring amongst NHL defensemen with 13 points in 13 games, did not return. The early prognosis out of Winnipeg doesn’t seem immediately positive.
“He has a shoulder issue that will put him out for a little while,” head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun on Saturday.
“We don’t know exactly how long we have to wait for the results of the MRI, which is happening today, so we’ll know more of that tomorrow.”
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)