Feb 16, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
If Habs fans are feeling a little queasy about tonight’s game against the Flyers, you can blame Carey Price.
He won’t be facing off against the Flyers tonight as he’s out with a case of stomach flu. Peter Budaj will get the start against Philly meanwhile the team has called up Robert Mayer from AHL Hamilton to back him up.
Price has been stellar this season going 8-3-0 and has allowed just 23 goals in those 11 games, good for a 2.06 goals-against average. Budaj, meanwhile, has been less-than good in his two appearances going 0-1-1 and allowing nine goals in those starts. Montreal fans might want to keep a bucket handy tonight just in case.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32