Feb 16, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
If Habs fans are feeling a little queasy about tonight’s game against the Flyers, you can blame Carey Price.
He won’t be facing off against the Flyers tonight as he’s out with a case of stomach flu. Peter Budaj will get the start against Philly meanwhile the team has called up Robert Mayer from AHL Hamilton to back him up.
Price has been stellar this season going 8-3-0 and has allowed just 23 goals in those 11 games, good for a 2.06 goals-against average. Budaj, meanwhile, has been less-than good in his two appearances going 0-1-1 and allowing nine goals in those starts. Montreal fans might want to keep a bucket handy tonight just in case.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)