Feb 16, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green might miss out on tomorrow’s game against the Rangers.
Green left team practice early today with what they’re calling a “lower body injury” and coach Adam Oates says his departure was, as CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shares, “Just a precaution.”
Green has been solid so far this season scoring two goals with five assists in 14 games. Defensively he’s been on top of his game as well while logging big minutes, over 26 per game. If Green can’t play, Tom Poti will take his spot in the lineup alongside Karl Alzner. Poti’s had his struggles early on and with the Caps starting to get things turned around, losing Green for any amount of time is a tough blow.
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 13
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 62
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming