Feb 16, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green might miss out on tomorrow’s game against the Rangers.
Green left team practice early today with what they’re calling a “lower body injury” and coach Adam Oates says his departure was, as CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shares, “Just a precaution.”
Green has been solid so far this season scoring two goals with five assists in 14 games. Defensively he’s been on top of his game as well while logging big minutes, over 26 per game. If Green can’t play, Tom Poti will take his spot in the lineup alongside Karl Alzner. Poti’s had his struggles early on and with the Caps starting to get things turned around, losing Green for any amount of time is a tough blow.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11