Feb 16, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green might miss out on tomorrow’s game against the Rangers.
Green left team practice early today with what they’re calling a “lower body injury” and coach Adam Oates says his departure was, as CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shares, “Just a precaution.”
Green has been solid so far this season scoring two goals with five assists in 14 games. Defensively he’s been on top of his game as well while logging big minutes, over 26 per game. If Green can’t play, Tom Poti will take his spot in the lineup alongside Karl Alzner. Poti’s had his struggles early on and with the Caps starting to get things turned around, losing Green for any amount of time is a tough blow.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13