Feb 16, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green might miss out on tomorrow’s game against the Rangers.
Green left team practice early today with what they’re calling a “lower body injury” and coach Adam Oates says his departure was, as CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shares, “Just a precaution.”
Green has been solid so far this season scoring two goals with five assists in 14 games. Defensively he’s been on top of his game as well while logging big minutes, over 26 per game. If Green can’t play, Tom Poti will take his spot in the lineup alongside Karl Alzner. Poti’s had his struggles early on and with the Caps starting to get things turned around, losing Green for any amount of time is a tough blow.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50