Feb 16, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Columbus’ troubles up front continue.
Centerman Artem Anisimov will miss tonight’s game against Phoenix with a foot injury suffered last night against Los Angeles. When Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch asked him about his foot last night, his responses were pretty fantastic.
“Russian tough” is a great line, but he’s still going to miss the game.
So far this season, Anisimov has four goals and two assists. That might sound not-so hot but it ties him for fourth on the team in points and he’s one goal behind team leader Mark Letestu. Yeah, things are a little tough in Columbus these days. Nick Drazenovic will take his spot in the lineup and play in his first NHL game.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)