Feb 16, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Columbus’ troubles up front continue.
Centerman Artem Anisimov will miss tonight’s game against Phoenix with a foot injury suffered last night against Los Angeles. When Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch asked him about his foot last night, his responses were pretty fantastic.
“Russian tough” is a great line, but he’s still going to miss the game.
So far this season, Anisimov has four goals and two assists. That might sound not-so hot but it ties him for fourth on the team in points and he’s one goal behind team leader Mark Letestu. Yeah, things are a little tough in Columbus these days. Nick Drazenovic will take his spot in the lineup and play in his first NHL game.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)