Feb 15, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Even better, it came on the power play, where Boston’s offense often goes to die.
Fun stat from the NHL via CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty: Hamilton is the first Bruins blueliner to score a goal at 19 since Jonathan Girard did on Nov. 13, 1999.
A Sabres player had a “finally” moment, too, in that game. Drew Stafford finally scored his first goal of 2013 on his 41st shot.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30