Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen earned a win in his first career start on Wednesday, but he looked shaky at times. There are two periods to go in the Blues’ Friday contest against the Calgary Flames, yet it’s unlikely he’ll top this stop, which could very well be a Save of the Year candidate:
Allen spurned T.J. Brodie on that play.
In case you’re wondering if the 22-year-old goalie could make some noise, Ken Hitchcock has had a knack with rookie call-ups before. He was behind the bench during Steve Mason‘s Calder Trophy year, after all.
It’s hasty to ponder such possibilities for Allen too seriously, but maybe St. Louis won’t be as nervous as expected with Jaroslav Halak on the mend.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 2
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50