Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen earned a win in his first career start on Wednesday, but he looked shaky at times. There are two periods to go in the Blues’ Friday contest against the Calgary Flames, yet it’s unlikely he’ll top this stop, which could very well be a Save of the Year candidate:
Allen spurned T.J. Brodie on that play.
In case you’re wondering if the 22-year-old goalie could make some noise, Ken Hitchcock has had a knack with rookie call-ups before. He was behind the bench during Steve Mason‘s Calder Trophy year, after all.
It’s hasty to ponder such possibilities for Allen too seriously, but maybe St. Louis won’t be as nervous as expected with Jaroslav Halak on the mend.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13