Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen earned a win in his first career start on Wednesday, but he looked shaky at times. There are two periods to go in the Blues’ Friday contest against the Calgary Flames, yet it’s unlikely he’ll top this stop, which could very well be a Save of the Year candidate:
Allen spurned T.J. Brodie on that play.
In case you’re wondering if the 22-year-old goalie could make some noise, Ken Hitchcock has had a knack with rookie call-ups before. He was behind the bench during Steve Mason‘s Calder Trophy year, after all.
It’s hasty to ponder such possibilities for Allen too seriously, but maybe St. Louis won’t be as nervous as expected with Jaroslav Halak on the mend.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)