Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen earned a win in his first career start on Wednesday, but he looked shaky at times. There are two periods to go in the Blues’ Friday contest against the Calgary Flames, yet it’s unlikely he’ll top this stop, which could very well be a Save of the Year candidate:
Allen spurned T.J. Brodie on that play.
In case you’re wondering if the 22-year-old goalie could make some noise, Ken Hitchcock has had a knack with rookie call-ups before. He was behind the bench during Steve Mason‘s Calder Trophy year, after all.
It’s hasty to ponder such possibilities for Allen too seriously, but maybe St. Louis won’t be as nervous as expected with Jaroslav Halak on the mend.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11