Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen earned a win in his first career start on Wednesday, but he looked shaky at times. There are two periods to go in the Blues’ Friday contest against the Calgary Flames, yet it’s unlikely he’ll top this stop, which could very well be a Save of the Year candidate:
Allen spurned T.J. Brodie on that play.
In case you’re wondering if the 22-year-old goalie could make some noise, Ken Hitchcock has had a knack with rookie call-ups before. He was behind the bench during Steve Mason‘s Calder Trophy year, after all.
It’s hasty to ponder such possibilities for Allen too seriously, but maybe St. Louis won’t be as nervous as expected with Jaroslav Halak on the mend.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12