Feb 15, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers winger Scott Hartnell resumed skating on Friday, but the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that his timeline for a return is still basically the same. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 more days.
The Flyers are starting to settle down, as they brought a 4-1-1 record in their last six games into Friday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
Even so, Philly would surely love to have their 30-year-old agitator riding shotgun with Claude Giroux again soon. His production was limited to an assist in three games this season, but playing with Giroux and Jaromir Jagr last season helped him set career-highs in goals (37) and points (67) in 2011-12.
Before this injury, he missed just three games in his five Flyers seasons.
If that 10-day window is fairly accurate, he could return in a Feb. 25 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs or versus the Washington Capitals on Feb. 27. Then again, Philly might opt to rest him into March, as their next game after that would be a a March 2 match against the Ottawa Senators.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Tampa has won both meetings between the two clubs this season.
Jan 27, 2015, 5:41 PM EST
7:30 p.m. ET, from PNC Arena, on NBCSN.
Jan 27, 2015, 5:06 PM EST
“There’s a potential even to bring him to Arizona for at least a cup of coffee at the end of the year.”
Jan 27, 2015, 4:26 PM EST
For the old barn in Anaheim.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:33 PM EST
He’ll play on the top line with John Tavares and Josh Bailey against the Rangers.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:11 PM EST
Kick off six straight games at Rogers Arena tonight versus Anaheim.
Goalie nods: Greiss starts for Pens, which has nothing to do with Fleury getting lit up at the All-Star Game
Jan 27, 2015, 2:27 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
“We know what the standings look like. That’s no secret. But we can’t make up all those points this week.”
Jan 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
We already knew he tried to use Seattle for the same purpose.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:23 PM EST
And so ends one of the most storied goaltending careers in NHL history.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:56 PM EST
Bill Peters sounds fed up.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
Defending champs are just 20-15-12 after 47 games.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:28 PM EST
After failing to find a trade partner for the 28-year-old.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
Your move, Los Angeles.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 AM EST
“He wants to build for the long term and he understands that there is some suffering involved.”
Jan 27, 2015, 11:43 AM EST
Bob Murray wants a defenseman, according to pretty much everyone.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:12 AM EST
The worst of the storm was saved for New England.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Get back into the swing of things.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
“I’m still a little ways away. Hopefully I keep making the right strides.”
Jan 27, 2015, 9:41 AM EST
Update: Moving him might not be such a bad thing, really.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)