Feb 15, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers winger Scott Hartnell resumed skating on Friday, but the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that his timeline for a return is still basically the same. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 more days.
The Flyers are starting to settle down, as they brought a 4-1-1 record in their last six games into Friday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
Even so, Philly would surely love to have their 30-year-old agitator riding shotgun with Claude Giroux again soon. His production was limited to an assist in three games this season, but playing with Giroux and Jaromir Jagr last season helped him set career-highs in goals (37) and points (67) in 2011-12.
Before this injury, he missed just three games in his five Flyers seasons.
If that 10-day window is fairly accurate, he could return in a Feb. 25 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs or versus the Washington Capitals on Feb. 27. Then again, Philly might opt to rest him into March, as their next game after that would be a a March 2 match against the Ottawa Senators.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
“It’ll be done before camp.”
Jul 28, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Appeared in 83 games for Calgary over the last three seasons.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They’ll be dancing close to the upper limit all year.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
He last played in 2001 with the Edmonton Oilers.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
He’s played four full seasons there already.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
He has a few guys that can help make it happen there.
Jul 27, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
He was their final restricted free agent.
Jul 27, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
He emerged as the team’s No. 2 center last season.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
That adds another layer to the Flames’ goaltending competition.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
He has played in 132 NHL games.
Jul 27, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
It led to him having a minor procedure.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
He’ll enter training camp with a shot of making the team.
Jul 27, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
“I can be a lot better.”
Jul 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He’s the last RFA left for them to re-sign.
Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
We’ve hit that part of free agency.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
They’re both eligible to become free agents next summer.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
They had the league’s third-worst unit last season.
Jul 26, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
He’s scheduled for arbitration on Friday.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
It’ll be his third team in the past year.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)