Feb 15, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers winger Scott Hartnell resumed skating on Friday, but the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that his timeline for a return is still basically the same. He’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 more days.
The Flyers are starting to settle down, as they brought a 4-1-1 record in their last six games into Friday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
Even so, Philly would surely love to have their 30-year-old agitator riding shotgun with Claude Giroux again soon. His production was limited to an assist in three games this season, but playing with Giroux and Jaromir Jagr last season helped him set career-highs in goals (37) and points (67) in 2011-12.
Before this injury, he missed just three games in his five Flyers seasons.
If that 10-day window is fairly accurate, he could return in a Feb. 25 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs or versus the Washington Capitals on Feb. 27. Then again, Philly might opt to rest him into March, as their next game after that would be a a March 2 match against the Ottawa Senators.
May 27, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
“We’re going to be embedded in this community.”
May 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
“I get the fact there were three goals that went in that were ugly. That’s the growth of a young player.”
May 27, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Either way, Kimmo Timonen is likely out.
May 27, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Rangers forward has had issues with it thus far.
May 27, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Former Panthers and Devils coach will take over a team that missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
May 27, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
Remember when AV called the youngster out?
May 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
“Our door is open for the Capitals, absolutely first and foremost.”
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Veteran center enjoyed something of a career revival with the Oilers last season.
May 27, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Chicago fans are hoping that dream includes a Game 6 win.
May 27, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Give some credit to his linemates, including “energizer bunny” J.T. Miller.
May 27, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Almost completely shut the door through two periods.
May 27, 2015, 12:09 AM EDT
Game 7. Friday in New York.
May 26, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
“Boy, that escalated quickly…”
May 26, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Ben Bishop pulled in the third period.
May 26, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Timonen is averaging under 10 minutes of ice time per game in playoffs.
May 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Hadn’t scored since April 4.
May 26, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
New York scored to make it 2-0 soon after that.
May 26, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
New York needs the win to force Game 7.
May 26, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
“We’ve had a lot of informal discussions with people about this, but us or the city have yet to be presented with any kind of offer.”
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 6
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)