Feb 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
Jovanovski, 36, skated with the Cats during Friday’s practice, a positive development given he’s been out of action since taking a knee from Tampa Bay’s BJ Crombeen on Jan. 29.
The injury has kept him out of the last seven games. If he misses another two full weeks, that games-missed total could get up to 14.
Jovanovski was given Florida’s captaincy prior to the start of the season and has played a key role on the Panthers’ defense, averaging 16:39 of ice time per night.
In five games this season, Jovanovski has one assist and a minus-2 rating. He has two years remaining on the four-year, $16 million deal he signed with the Panthers in 2011.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 5
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 27
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 8
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27