Feb 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Jovanovski, 36, skated with the Cats during Friday’s practice, a positive development given he’s been out of action since taking a knee from Tampa Bay’s BJ Crombeen on Jan. 29.
The injury has kept him out of the last seven games. If he misses another two full weeks, that games-missed total could get up to 14.
Jovanovski was given Florida’s captaincy prior to the start of the season and has played a key role on the Panthers’ defense, averaging 16:39 of ice time per night.
In five games this season, Jovanovski has one assist and a minus-2 rating. He has two years remaining on the four-year, $16 million deal he signed with the Panthers in 2011.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)