Feb 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
Jovanovski, 36, skated with the Cats during Friday’s practice, a positive development given he’s been out of action since taking a knee from Tampa Bay’s BJ Crombeen on Jan. 29.
The injury has kept him out of the last seven games. If he misses another two full weeks, that games-missed total could get up to 14.
Jovanovski was given Florida’s captaincy prior to the start of the season and has played a key role on the Panthers’ defense, averaging 16:39 of ice time per night.
In five games this season, Jovanovski has one assist and a minus-2 rating. He has two years remaining on the four-year, $16 million deal he signed with the Panthers in 2011.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)