Feb 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Jovanovski, 36, skated with the Cats during Friday’s practice, a positive development given he’s been out of action since taking a knee from Tampa Bay’s BJ Crombeen on Jan. 29.
The injury has kept him out of the last seven games. If he misses another two full weeks, that games-missed total could get up to 14.
Jovanovski was given Florida’s captaincy prior to the start of the season and has played a key role on the Panthers’ defense, averaging 16:39 of ice time per night.
In five games this season, Jovanovski has one assist and a minus-2 rating. He has two years remaining on the four-year, $16 million deal he signed with the Panthers in 2011.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12