Feb 15, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
“In the OHL it’s a little all over the place and sometimes guys are out of position more doing individual stuff,” Hamilton said. “Here it’s more team stuff where you need to be in the right place and always be an option. I definitely like it better here.”
Julien explains the main goal of his system and how the 19-year-old blueliner is fitting in.
“One of the mottos I use with our system all the time is that ‘they will come to you,’” Julien said. “You don’t have to run all over the place. If you’re playing your position then eventually somebody will come into that area. There are times when he’s tried a little too hard and found himself out of position. That’s where he gets into trouble.
“I told him once he gets used to it and it becomes second nature it will go a lot easier on his game. You can make less of an effort, but be in the right position and get more out of it. Then you can be fresher when you really need to push on the attack. He’s a smart individual and he’s catching on quickly.”
Still, there might be some growing pains every now and then. Hamilton insists that he’s not hitting a rookie wall, though.
“I still feel like I’m playing the exact same way as I did earlier this season,” Hamilton said. “Whether the passes aren’t working or pucks aren’t getting on net for rebounds so you can get assists there, I’m still playing the same way. I’m pretty happy with how I’m doing.”
So far, the Bruins seem pretty happy about his play, as well.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)