Feb 15, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets’ defense just can’t get healthy. During the same night that Zach Bogosian is making his season debut, valuable blueliner Tobias Enstrom left Friday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins and won’t return, according to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe.
The 28-year-old blueliner has been a little fragile lately. He missed 20 games last season and 10 contests in 2010-11 after playing all 82 games in the first three campaigns of his career.
Enstrom’s been one of the league’s most underrated defensemen for a few seasons, but he’s been even more productive than usual. He’s currently atop all blueliners in 2013 with 13 points in 12 games, seeing more ice time (25:51 minutes per game) than he’s ever received before.
Winnipeg was forced to play a handful of games without Dustin Byfuglien and just got Bogosian back tonight, so their blueline has faced some tough injury luck so far.
The Jets just hope that Enstrom catches a better break than Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa Senators.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)