Feb 15, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets’ defense just can’t get healthy. During the same night that Zach Bogosian is making his season debut, valuable blueliner Tobias Enstrom left Friday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins and won’t return, according to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe.
The 28-year-old blueliner has been a little fragile lately. He missed 20 games last season and 10 contests in 2010-11 after playing all 82 games in the first three campaigns of his career.
Enstrom’s been one of the league’s most underrated defensemen for a few seasons, but he’s been even more productive than usual. He’s currently atop all blueliners in 2013 with 13 points in 12 games, seeing more ice time (25:51 minutes per game) than he’s ever received before.
Winnipeg was forced to play a handful of games without Dustin Byfuglien and just got Bogosian back tonight, so their blueline has faced some tough injury luck so far.
The Jets just hope that Enstrom catches a better break than Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa Senators.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)