Feb 15, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets’ defense just can’t get healthy. During the same night that Zach Bogosian is making his season debut, valuable blueliner Tobias Enstrom left Friday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins and won’t return, according to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe.
The 28-year-old blueliner has been a little fragile lately. He missed 20 games last season and 10 contests in 2010-11 after playing all 82 games in the first three campaigns of his career.
Enstrom’s been one of the league’s most underrated defensemen for a few seasons, but he’s been even more productive than usual. He’s currently atop all blueliners in 2013 with 13 points in 12 games, seeing more ice time (25:51 minutes per game) than he’s ever received before.
Winnipeg was forced to play a handful of games without Dustin Byfuglien and just got Bogosian back tonight, so their blueline has faced some tough injury luck so far.
The Jets just hope that Enstrom catches a better break than Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa Senators.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)