Feb 15, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford is out with an upper-body injury and is considered day-to-day, according to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville.
Quenneville wouldn’t say for sure if Crawford was hurt Tuesday in a collision during a game against Anaheim. The 28-year-old goalie managed to practice yesterday.
“I don’t know if it’s that or practice,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com. “I don’t know if it’s a defining blow.”
Crawford (7-0-3, .935 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12.
When asked if his top goalie could be back Sunday against Los Angeles, Quenneville would only say, “We’ll see.”
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)