Feb 15, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford is out with an upper-body injury and is considered day-to-day, according to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville.
Quenneville wouldn’t say for sure if Crawford was hurt Tuesday in a collision during a game against Anaheim. The 28-year-old goalie managed to practice yesterday.
“I don’t know if it’s that or practice,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com. “I don’t know if it’s a defining blow.”
Crawford (7-0-3, .935 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12.
When asked if his top goalie could be back Sunday against Los Angeles, Quenneville would only say, “We’ll see.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)