Feb 15, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
According to the Denver Post, Giguere won’t be in uniform for Saturday’s game in Edmonton against the Oilers. A team spokesman said the veteran goalie is expected to re-join the team on Sunday, however.
Giguere, 35, has a 2-0-0 record this year with a 2.48 GAA and .919 save percentage. His appearances have been limited this year due to Colorado head coach Joe Sacco giving the majority of minutes to Semyon Varlamov.
As for the temporary backup gig while Giguere is away, the Avs have called up Calvin Pickard from AHL Lake Erie to fill the void.
The 49th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Pickard has yet to make his NHL debut and spent all of last season with WHL Seattle. He’s appeared in 29 games for the Monsters this year, posting a 2.71 GAA and .911 save percentage.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 55
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (80)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)