Feb 15, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
According to the Denver Post, Giguere won’t be in uniform for Saturday’s game in Edmonton against the Oilers. A team spokesman said the veteran goalie is expected to re-join the team on Sunday, however.
Giguere, 35, has a 2-0-0 record this year with a 2.48 GAA and .919 save percentage. His appearances have been limited this year due to Colorado head coach Joe Sacco giving the majority of minutes to Semyon Varlamov.
As for the temporary backup gig while Giguere is away, the Avs have called up Calvin Pickard from AHL Lake Erie to fill the void.
The 49th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Pickard has yet to make his NHL debut and spent all of last season with WHL Seattle. He’s appeared in 29 games for the Monsters this year, posting a 2.71 GAA and .911 save percentage.
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 3
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 21
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 12
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 73
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (87)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)