Feb 15, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
According to the Denver Post, Giguere won’t be in uniform for Saturday’s game in Edmonton against the Oilers. A team spokesman said the veteran goalie is expected to re-join the team on Sunday, however.
Giguere, 35, has a 2-0-0 record this year with a 2.48 GAA and .919 save percentage. His appearances have been limited this year due to Colorado head coach Joe Sacco giving the majority of minutes to Semyon Varlamov.
As for the temporary backup gig while Giguere is away, the Avs have called up Calvin Pickard from AHL Lake Erie to fill the void.
The 49th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Pickard has yet to make his NHL debut and spent all of last season with WHL Seattle. He’s appeared in 29 games for the Monsters this year, posting a 2.71 GAA and .911 save percentage.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)