Feb 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The two-way star is sidelined for Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, but that’s all the information that’s available right now. He’s considered day-to-day but his injury hasn’t been disclosed, according to MLive.com’s Ansar Khan.
The 34-year-old forward has been highly durable for most of his career, but he’s missed more time in recent seasons. He was limited to 56 regular season games in 2010-11 and missed 12 more last season. So far, he has six goals and 14 points in 13 games in 2013.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63