Feb 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The two-way star is sidelined for Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, but that’s all the information that’s available right now. He’s considered day-to-day but his injury hasn’t been disclosed, according to MLive.com’s Ansar Khan.
The 34-year-old forward has been highly durable for most of his career, but he’s missed more time in recent seasons. He was limited to 56 regular season games in 2010-11 and missed 12 more last season. So far, he has six goals and 14 points in 13 games in 2013.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30