Feb 14, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle is being sent back to AHL Houston after a five-game stint with the Minnesota Wild.
Coyle — a big 20-year-old forward the Sharks took 28th overall in 2010 — played five games for the Wild, failing to register a point despite an opportunity on the top line. (To be fair, nobody else on the team is scoring.)
Minnesota is understandably high on the Boston University product that also starred in the QMJHL with the Saint John Sea Dogs.
Some more time with the Aeros won’t hurt.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)