Feb 14, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle is being sent back to AHL Houston after a five-game stint with the Minnesota Wild.
Coyle — a big 20-year-old forward the Sharks took 28th overall in 2010 — played five games for the Wild, failing to register a point despite an opportunity on the top line. (To be fair, nobody else on the team is scoring.)
Minnesota is understandably high on the Boston University product that also starred in the QMJHL with the Saint John Sea Dogs.
Some more time with the Aeros won’t hurt.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8