Feb 14, 2013, 7:36 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are the league’s most dominant team right now.
How long will that domination last?
That’s what many are asking, including the NHL on NBC crew, as the first-place Blackhawks boast a 10-0-3 record through 13 games.
Chicago has gotten at least a point from every game this season and is now flirting with the incredible run the Ducks had to open the 2006-07 season.
Those Ducks went 12-0-4 to start the year, racking up 28 points — which also happened to be the same season Anaheim won its first and only Stanley Cup.
On that note, here are Liam McGuire, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussing what lies ahead for the ‘Hawks:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here’s Chicago’s upcoming schedule. It should be noted the ‘Hawks are one game into a season-high seven-game homestand.
Fri, Feb. 15 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 17 — vs. Los Angeles (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC)
Tues, Feb. 19 — vs. Vancouver
Fri, Feb. 22 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 24 — vs. Columbus
Mon, Feb. 25 — vs. Edmonton
Chicago’s next road game will come on Thursday, Feb. 28, when it takes on the Blues in St. Louis.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4