Feb 14, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the league’s most dominant team right now.
How long will that domination last?
That’s what many are asking, including the NHL on NBC crew, as the first-place Blackhawks boast a 10-0-3 record through 13 games.
Chicago has gotten at least a point from every game this season and is now flirting with the incredible run the Ducks had to open the 2006-07 season.
Those Ducks went 12-0-4 to start the year, racking up 28 points — which also happened to be the same season Anaheim won its first and only Stanley Cup.
On that note, here are Liam McGuire, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussing what lies ahead for the ‘Hawks:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here’s Chicago’s upcoming schedule. It should be noted the ‘Hawks are one game into a season-high seven-game homestand.
Fri, Feb. 15 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 17 — vs. Los Angeles (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC)
Tues, Feb. 19 — vs. Vancouver
Fri, Feb. 22 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 24 — vs. Columbus
Mon, Feb. 25 — vs. Edmonton
Chicago’s next road game will come on Thursday, Feb. 28, when it takes on the Blues in St. Louis.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)