Feb 14, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the league’s most dominant team right now.
How long will that domination last?
That’s what many are asking, including the NHL on NBC crew, as the first-place Blackhawks boast a 10-0-3 record through 13 games.
Chicago has gotten at least a point from every game this season and is now flirting with the incredible run the Ducks had to open the 2006-07 season.
Those Ducks went 12-0-4 to start the year, racking up 28 points — which also happened to be the same season Anaheim won its first and only Stanley Cup.
On that note, here are Liam McGuire, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussing what lies ahead for the ‘Hawks:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here’s Chicago’s upcoming schedule. It should be noted the ‘Hawks are one game into a season-high seven-game homestand.
Fri, Feb. 15 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 17 — vs. Los Angeles (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC)
Tues, Feb. 19 — vs. Vancouver
Fri, Feb. 22 — vs. San Jose
Sun, Feb. 24 — vs. Columbus
Mon, Feb. 25 — vs. Edmonton
Chicago’s next road game will come on Thursday, Feb. 28, when it takes on the Blues in St. Louis.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)