Feb 14, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
On Sunday, NBC will celebrate Hockey Day in America with a smorgasbord of NHL action.
First, the Pittsburgh Penguins will do battle with the Buffalo Sabres at 12:30 p.m. ET (NBC), followed by the defending Stanley Cup champion LA Kings in an opening-day rematch against the Chicago Blackhawks (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC).
The day will feature two teams going in totally different directions — the Sabres and Blackhawks.
Buffalo is off to another disastrous start, one that could see them miss the playoffs for the second straight season, while Chicago is on fire and atop the NHL standings — and still without a loss in regulation.
Brough and I discussed those two clubs with NBC’s Kay Adams in the latest installment of PHT Extra, as we geared up for what promises to be a great Sunday of hockey.
Enjoy:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Oh, and just so you know, NBC’s coverage isn’t done after Pens-Sabres and Kings-‘Hawks. Later Sunday evening (6 p.m. ET), NBC Sports Network will air the Capitals-Rangers game, making for nine hours of hockey coverage across the networks.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6