Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Jordan and Carolina, together again.
That was the story out of Raleigh on Thursday as the Hurricanes called up Michal Jordan from AHL Charlotte.
Jordan, 22, is a Czech blueliner that’s one E away from being the greatest basketball player ever.
(Not to be outdone, ‘Canes goalie Dan Ellis — who will start tonight against the Leafs — is a L and E away from being the greatest three-point shooter in SuperSonics history. Yeah yeah, he’d have to lose the N, but you get the idea.)
Jordan was summoned from the minors prior to the ‘Canes game against Toronto, as both Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason deal with lower-body injuries. Pitkanen’s definitely out, while Gleason is questionable.
“We’ve got a lot of righties on our back-end right now. He’s a left-handed guy, he moves the puck well and he knows the game. He’s a smart player,” head coach Kirk Muller said of Jordan. “If he’s in, he can keep it simple, move the puck – which we want our D to do – and just play a good, steady game.”
Jordan represented the Checkers at the 2013 AHL All-Star Team and has racked up 6G-9A-14PTS in 48 games this season.
If he does crack the ‘Canes lineup tonight, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
Update: According to Jordan’s Twitter, it sounds like he’s in.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)