Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Jordan and Carolina, together again.
That was the story out of Raleigh on Thursday as the Hurricanes called up Michal Jordan from AHL Charlotte.
Jordan, 22, is a Czech blueliner that’s one E away from being the greatest basketball player ever.
(Not to be outdone, ‘Canes goalie Dan Ellis — who will start tonight against the Leafs — is a L and E away from being the greatest three-point shooter in SuperSonics history. Yeah yeah, he’d have to lose the N, but you get the idea.)
Jordan was summoned from the minors prior to the ‘Canes game against Toronto, as both Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason deal with lower-body injuries. Pitkanen’s definitely out, while Gleason is questionable.
“We’ve got a lot of righties on our back-end right now. He’s a left-handed guy, he moves the puck well and he knows the game. He’s a smart player,” head coach Kirk Muller said of Jordan. “If he’s in, he can keep it simple, move the puck – which we want our D to do – and just play a good, steady game.”
Jordan represented the Checkers at the 2013 AHL All-Star Team and has racked up 6G-9A-14PTS in 48 games this season.
If he does crack the ‘Canes lineup tonight, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
Update: According to Jordan’s Twitter, it sounds like he’s in.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)