Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Jordan and Carolina, together again.
That was the story out of Raleigh on Thursday as the Hurricanes called up Michal Jordan from AHL Charlotte.
Jordan, 22, is a Czech blueliner that’s one E away from being the greatest basketball player ever.
(Not to be outdone, ‘Canes goalie Dan Ellis — who will start tonight against the Leafs — is a L and E away from being the greatest three-point shooter in SuperSonics history. Yeah yeah, he’d have to lose the N, but you get the idea.)
Jordan was summoned from the minors prior to the ‘Canes game against Toronto, as both Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason deal with lower-body injuries. Pitkanen’s definitely out, while Gleason is questionable.
“We’ve got a lot of righties on our back-end right now. He’s a left-handed guy, he moves the puck well and he knows the game. He’s a smart player,” head coach Kirk Muller said of Jordan. “If he’s in, he can keep it simple, move the puck – which we want our D to do – and just play a good, steady game.”
Jordan represented the Checkers at the 2013 AHL All-Star Team and has racked up 6G-9A-14PTS in 48 games this season.
If he does crack the ‘Canes lineup tonight, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
Update: According to Jordan’s Twitter, it sounds like he’s in.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)