Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Jordan and Carolina, together again.
That was the story out of Raleigh on Thursday as the Hurricanes called up Michal Jordan from AHL Charlotte.
Jordan, 22, is a Czech blueliner that’s one E away from being the greatest basketball player ever.
(Not to be outdone, ‘Canes goalie Dan Ellis — who will start tonight against the Leafs — is a L and E away from being the greatest three-point shooter in SuperSonics history. Yeah yeah, he’d have to lose the N, but you get the idea.)
Jordan was summoned from the minors prior to the ‘Canes game against Toronto, as both Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason deal with lower-body injuries. Pitkanen’s definitely out, while Gleason is questionable.
“We’ve got a lot of righties on our back-end right now. He’s a left-handed guy, he moves the puck well and he knows the game. He’s a smart player,” head coach Kirk Muller said of Jordan. “If he’s in, he can keep it simple, move the puck – which we want our D to do – and just play a good, steady game.”
Jordan represented the Checkers at the 2013 AHL All-Star Team and has racked up 6G-9A-14PTS in 48 games this season.
If he does crack the ‘Canes lineup tonight, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
Update: According to Jordan’s Twitter, it sounds like he’s in.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 16
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)