Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Jordan and Carolina, together again.
That was the story out of Raleigh on Thursday as the Hurricanes called up Michal Jordan from AHL Charlotte.
Jordan, 22, is a Czech blueliner that’s one E away from being the greatest basketball player ever.
(Not to be outdone, ‘Canes goalie Dan Ellis — who will start tonight against the Leafs — is a L and E away from being the greatest three-point shooter in SuperSonics history. Yeah yeah, he’d have to lose the N, but you get the idea.)
Jordan was summoned from the minors prior to the ‘Canes game against Toronto, as both Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason deal with lower-body injuries. Pitkanen’s definitely out, while Gleason is questionable.
“We’ve got a lot of righties on our back-end right now. He’s a left-handed guy, he moves the puck well and he knows the game. He’s a smart player,” head coach Kirk Muller said of Jordan. “If he’s in, he can keep it simple, move the puck – which we want our D to do – and just play a good, steady game.”
Jordan represented the Checkers at the 2013 AHL All-Star Team and has racked up 6G-9A-14PTS in 48 games this season.
If he does crack the ‘Canes lineup tonight, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
Update: According to Jordan’s Twitter, it sounds like he’s in.
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)