Feb 14, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
Bennett, 21, was Pittsburgh’s first-round selection (20th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and is the highest-drafted California-born player in league history.
He currently sits second in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in assists (18) and fourth in points (25) and was chosen to represent the Penguins at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
This is Bennett’s first season of professional hockey, having spent the last two years at the University of Denver.
He could make his NHL debut Friday, when the Penguins take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)