Feb 14, 2013, 9:10 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter told John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor that he hasn’t decided if he’ll roll with Jonathan Quick, 27, or Jonathan Bernier, 24, in net on Friday. He does know that he wants more from the defending Conn Smythe winner, though.
“Really haven’t thought about it. I haven’t even gotten to that yet,” Sutter said. “Bernie’s coming off a strong game. And we need Jonathan (Quick) to be – I’m not jumping out and saying anything special – we need him to play a hell of a lot better than he has. Our goals against, our save percentage, all that stuff is not where it has to be.”
- Sutter said that Alec Martinez, 25, could possibly go on the injured reserve with an undisclosed injury. It sounds like he’ll miss at least one week.
- The Kings’ head coach had a rather sardonic take on how Willie Mitchell, 35, is progressing with his knee injury.
“Willie Mitchell – I have no update,” Sutter said. “The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player who has missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
Well, then …
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8