Feb 14, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter told John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor that he hasn’t decided if he’ll roll with Jonathan Quick, 27, or Jonathan Bernier, 24, in net on Friday. He does know that he wants more from the defending Conn Smythe winner, though.
“Really haven’t thought about it. I haven’t even gotten to that yet,” Sutter said. “Bernie’s coming off a strong game. And we need Jonathan (Quick) to be – I’m not jumping out and saying anything special – we need him to play a hell of a lot better than he has. Our goals against, our save percentage, all that stuff is not where it has to be.”
- Sutter said that Alec Martinez, 25, could possibly go on the injured reserve with an undisclosed injury. It sounds like he’ll miss at least one week.
- The Kings’ head coach had a rather sardonic take on how Willie Mitchell, 35, is progressing with his knee injury.
“Willie Mitchell – I have no update,” Sutter said. “The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player who has missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
Well, then …
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4