Feb 14, 2013, 9:10 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter told John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor that he hasn’t decided if he’ll roll with Jonathan Quick, 27, or Jonathan Bernier, 24, in net on Friday. He does know that he wants more from the defending Conn Smythe winner, though.
“Really haven’t thought about it. I haven’t even gotten to that yet,” Sutter said. “Bernie’s coming off a strong game. And we need Jonathan (Quick) to be – I’m not jumping out and saying anything special – we need him to play a hell of a lot better than he has. Our goals against, our save percentage, all that stuff is not where it has to be.”
- Sutter said that Alec Martinez, 25, could possibly go on the injured reserve with an undisclosed injury. It sounds like he’ll miss at least one week.
- The Kings’ head coach had a rather sardonic take on how Willie Mitchell, 35, is progressing with his knee injury.
“Willie Mitchell – I have no update,” Sutter said. “The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player who has missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
Well, then …
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23