Feb 14, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter told John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor that he hasn’t decided if he’ll roll with Jonathan Quick, 27, or Jonathan Bernier, 24, in net on Friday. He does know that he wants more from the defending Conn Smythe winner, though.
“Really haven’t thought about it. I haven’t even gotten to that yet,” Sutter said. “Bernie’s coming off a strong game. And we need Jonathan (Quick) to be – I’m not jumping out and saying anything special – we need him to play a hell of a lot better than he has. Our goals against, our save percentage, all that stuff is not where it has to be.”
- Sutter said that Alec Martinez, 25, could possibly go on the injured reserve with an undisclosed injury. It sounds like he’ll miss at least one week.
- The Kings’ head coach had a rather sardonic take on how Willie Mitchell, 35, is progressing with his knee injury.
“Willie Mitchell – I have no update,” Sutter said. “The only thing I can tell you is historically he’s a player who has missed significant periods of time in his career, and it appears that he’s historically doing that again.”
Well, then …
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39