Feb 14, 2013, 4:18 PM EST
Kane said he was only referring to things that are said about him on social media.
“In terms of that quote, I’m definitely referring to social media and that sort of stuff,” Kane said, per the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Nobody has ever, and I don’t think anybody will ever come up to my face and say anything negative. It’s more so on that. Anybody can go on and have a look for themselves.
“Twitter, anything. I don’t have a lot of the social media. I have a Twitter account but that’s pretty much it.
“Just different things that people can hide behind a computer and say what they want.”
Kane also admitted today that playing hockey in Winnipeg can be like living in a “fishbowl.” If the 21-year-old played in a big American market, he doesn’t think he’d get so much attention.
“They’ve got bigger things to talk about in New York,” he said.
He added: “In terms of the money picture, the haircuts, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that if that’s going to ruin your day, if that’s going to upset you, cause you to lose sleep, I mean, it’s not really a concern of mine.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)