Feb 14, 2013, 4:18 PM EST
Kane said he was only referring to things that are said about him on social media.
“In terms of that quote, I’m definitely referring to social media and that sort of stuff,” Kane said, per the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Nobody has ever, and I don’t think anybody will ever come up to my face and say anything negative. It’s more so on that. Anybody can go on and have a look for themselves.
“Twitter, anything. I don’t have a lot of the social media. I have a Twitter account but that’s pretty much it.
“Just different things that people can hide behind a computer and say what they want.”
Kane also admitted today that playing hockey in Winnipeg can be like living in a “fishbowl.” If the 21-year-old played in a big American market, he doesn’t think he’d get so much attention.
“They’ve got bigger things to talk about in New York,” he said.
He added: “In terms of the money picture, the haircuts, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that if that’s going to ruin your day, if that’s going to upset you, cause you to lose sleep, I mean, it’s not really a concern of mine.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4