Feb 14, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two minor roster moves on Thursday, putting center Paul Byron on injured reserve (fractured left hand, retroactive to Feb. 13) and recalling forward Roman Horak from AHL Abbotsford.
Horak, 21, has appeared in two games for the Flames this season, spending most of his time with the Heat.
The former Rangers draftee debuted for Calgary during the 2011-12 season and put together a solid rookie campaign, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 61 games while finishing with a plus-3 rating.
Byron, 23, fractured his hand while making his regular-season debut on Friday vs. Dallas. He played just four shifts for 2:51 of ice time before leaving the game.
The former Buffalo Sabre played in 22 games with the Flames last year, scoring 3G-2A-5PTS.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 1
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 12
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 2
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 53
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination