Feb 14, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two minor roster moves on Thursday, putting center Paul Byron on injured reserve (fractured left hand, retroactive to Feb. 13) and recalling forward Roman Horak from AHL Abbotsford.
Horak, 21, has appeared in two games for the Flames this season, spending most of his time with the Heat.
The former Rangers draftee debuted for Calgary during the 2011-12 season and put together a solid rookie campaign, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 61 games while finishing with a plus-3 rating.
Byron, 23, fractured his hand while making his regular-season debut on Friday vs. Dallas. He played just four shifts for 2:51 of ice time before leaving the game.
The former Buffalo Sabre played in 22 games with the Flames last year, scoring 3G-2A-5PTS.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)