Feb 14, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
The Calgary Flames made two minor roster moves on Thursday, putting center Paul Byron on injured reserve (fractured left hand, retroactive to Feb. 13) and recalling forward Roman Horak from AHL Abbotsford.
Horak, 21, has appeared in two games for the Flames this season, spending most of his time with the Heat.
The former Rangers draftee debuted for Calgary during the 2011-12 season and put together a solid rookie campaign, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 61 games while finishing with a plus-3 rating.
Byron, 23, fractured his hand while making his regular-season debut on Friday vs. Dallas. He played just four shifts for 2:51 of ice time before leaving the game.
The former Buffalo Sabre played in 22 games with the Flames last year, scoring 3G-2A-5PTS.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (146)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)