Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
After three games of sitting and watching as a healthy scratch, Rangers forward Brian Boyle will be back in action tonight against the Islanders at MSG.
“I know I can play better and I’m going to,” said Boyle, per ESPN New York.
The 28-year-old forward that scored 21 goals in 2010-11 has just one assist in nine games this season.
On Tuesday, Boyle said it was “infuriating” sitting out. “And it’s pissing me off a lot,” he added.
It appears Boyle’s opportunity at redemption will come at the expense of forward Chris Kreider, who will apparently be a healthy scratch. The 21-year-old played just 9:40 against the Bruins on Tuesday and has only scored once in seven games.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)