Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
After three games of sitting and watching as a healthy scratch, Rangers forward Brian Boyle will be back in action tonight against the Islanders at MSG.
“I know I can play better and I’m going to,” said Boyle, per ESPN New York.
The 28-year-old forward that scored 21 goals in 2010-11 has just one assist in nine games this season.
On Tuesday, Boyle said it was “infuriating” sitting out. “And it’s pissing me off a lot,” he added.
It appears Boyle’s opportunity at redemption will come at the expense of forward Chris Kreider, who will apparently be a healthy scratch. The 21-year-old played just 9:40 against the Bruins on Tuesday and has only scored once in seven games.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)