Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
After three games of sitting and watching as a healthy scratch, Rangers forward Brian Boyle will be back in action tonight against the Islanders at MSG.
“I know I can play better and I’m going to,” said Boyle, per ESPN New York.
The 28-year-old forward that scored 21 goals in 2010-11 has just one assist in nine games this season.
On Tuesday, Boyle said it was “infuriating” sitting out. “And it’s pissing me off a lot,” he added.
It appears Boyle’s opportunity at redemption will come at the expense of forward Chris Kreider, who will apparently be a healthy scratch. The 21-year-old played just 9:40 against the Bruins on Tuesday and has only scored once in seven games.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38