Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
After three games of sitting and watching as a healthy scratch, Rangers forward Brian Boyle will be back in action tonight against the Islanders at MSG.
“I know I can play better and I’m going to,” said Boyle, per ESPN New York.
The 28-year-old forward that scored 21 goals in 2010-11 has just one assist in nine games this season.
On Tuesday, Boyle said it was “infuriating” sitting out. “And it’s pissing me off a lot,” he added.
It appears Boyle’s opportunity at redemption will come at the expense of forward Chris Kreider, who will apparently be a healthy scratch. The 21-year-old played just 9:40 against the Bruins on Tuesday and has only scored once in seven games.
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 2
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 2
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 6
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 38
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million