Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
After three games of sitting and watching as a healthy scratch, Rangers forward Brian Boyle will be back in action tonight against the Islanders at MSG.
“I know I can play better and I’m going to,” said Boyle, per ESPN New York.
The 28-year-old forward that scored 21 goals in 2010-11 has just one assist in nine games this season.
On Tuesday, Boyle said it was “infuriating” sitting out. “And it’s pissing me off a lot,” he added.
It appears Boyle’s opportunity at redemption will come at the expense of forward Chris Kreider, who will apparently be a healthy scratch. The 21-year-old played just 9:40 against the Bruins on Tuesday and has only scored once in seven games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)