Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has seen a little NHL action before, but Wednesday’s NBC Sports Network rivalry game against the Detroit Red Wings marks his first start.
It didn’t exactly begin very well, as Tomas Tatar scored this saucy goal on the Red Wings’ first shot:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Allen managed to hang in there, however, and the Blues eventually won the game 4-3 in overtime.
The 22-year-old goalie won’t get much time to bask in the glory of that win, either, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that he’ll remain in net against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)