Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has seen a little NHL action before, but Wednesday’s NBC Sports Network rivalry game against the Detroit Red Wings marks his first start.
It didn’t exactly begin very well, as Tomas Tatar scored this saucy goal on the Red Wings’ first shot:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Allen managed to hang in there, however, and the Blues eventually won the game 4-3 in overtime.
The 22-year-old goalie won’t get much time to bask in the glory of that win, either, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that he’ll remain in net against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)