Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has seen a little NHL action before, but Wednesday’s NBC Sports Network rivalry game against the Detroit Red Wings marks his first start.
It didn’t exactly begin very well, as Tomas Tatar scored this saucy goal on the Red Wings’ first shot:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Allen managed to hang in there, however, and the Blues eventually won the game 4-3 in overtime.
The 22-year-old goalie won’t get much time to bask in the glory of that win, either, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that he’ll remain in net against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)