Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has seen a little NHL action before, but Wednesday’s NBC Sports Network rivalry game against the Detroit Red Wings marks his first start.
It didn’t exactly begin very well, as Tomas Tatar scored this saucy goal on the Red Wings’ first shot:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Allen managed to hang in there, however, and the Blues eventually won the game 4-3 in overtime.
The 22-year-old goalie won’t get much time to bask in the glory of that win, either, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that he’ll remain in net against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)