Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has seen a little NHL action before, but Wednesday’s NBC Sports Network rivalry game against the Detroit Red Wings marks his first start.
It didn’t exactly begin very well, as Tomas Tatar scored this saucy goal on the Red Wings’ first shot:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Allen managed to hang in there, however, and the Blues eventually won the game 4-3 in overtime.
The 22-year-old goalie won’t get much time to bask in the glory of that win, either, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that he’ll remain in net against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 34
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)