Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have added some size up front by acquiring winger Eric Tangradi from the Penguins in exchange for a seventh-round pick (2013).
The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder has appeared in 40 career contests, all with the Penguins, recording 1G-4A-5PTS. He’s played in five games this year, averaging 8:32 of ice time, without registering a point.
Tangradi’s always been a promising prospect, yet failed to materialize at the NHL level. Injuries have played a role — he suffered a serious concussion in Feb. 2011 on a Trevor Gilles elbow — but he’s never found the consistent offensive production that saw him score 62 goals over his final two seasons in Belleville.
Of note, this is Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero’s fourth deal since the season began on Jan. 19.
He sent forward Benn Ferriero to the Rangers (in exchange for Chad Kolarik), forward Carl Sneep to Dallas (for a seventh-round pick) and defenseman Ben Lovejoy to Anaheim (for a fifth-round pick).
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 18
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)