Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have added some size up front by acquiring winger Eric Tangradi from the Penguins in exchange for a seventh-round pick (2013).
The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder has appeared in 40 career contests, all with the Penguins, recording 1G-4A-5PTS. He’s played in five games this year, averaging 8:32 of ice time, without registering a point.
Tangradi’s always been a promising prospect, yet failed to materialize at the NHL level. Injuries have played a role — he suffered a serious concussion in Feb. 2011 on a Trevor Gilles elbow — but he’s never found the consistent offensive production that saw him score 62 goals over his final two seasons in Belleville.
Of note, this is Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero’s fourth deal since the season began on Jan. 19.
He sent forward Benn Ferriero to the Rangers (in exchange for Chad Kolarik), forward Carl Sneep to Dallas (for a seventh-round pick) and defenseman Ben Lovejoy to Anaheim (for a fifth-round pick).
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)