Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have added some size up front by acquiring winger Eric Tangradi from the Penguins in exchange for a seventh-round pick (2013).
The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder has appeared in 40 career contests, all with the Penguins, recording 1G-4A-5PTS. He’s played in five games this year, averaging 8:32 of ice time, without registering a point.
Tangradi’s always been a promising prospect, yet failed to materialize at the NHL level. Injuries have played a role — he suffered a serious concussion in Feb. 2011 on a Trevor Gilles elbow — but he’s never found the consistent offensive production that saw him score 62 goals over his final two seasons in Belleville.
Of note, this is Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero’s fourth deal since the season began on Jan. 19.
He sent forward Benn Ferriero to the Rangers (in exchange for Chad Kolarik), forward Carl Sneep to Dallas (for a seventh-round pick) and defenseman Ben Lovejoy to Anaheim (for a fifth-round pick).
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 14
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)