Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets received the Devils’ fourth-rounder in 2014 and their seventh-round pick in 2013 for the 32-year-old forward, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
Ponikarovsky wasn’t working out well for the Jets, with just two goals and and a little under 12 minutes of ice time pre game in 12 contests. He averaged 14:45 minutes between the Devils and Carolina Hurricanes last season.
New Jersey represented a solid home for him for a portion of 2011-12; he scored 18 points in 33 regular season games and nine in 24 playoff contests.
That wasn’t enough to bring him back in free agency, although Lamoriello told Gulitti that the team wanted to do so before the Jets inked him to a one-year, $1.8 million contract.
With Dainius Zubrus, 34, on the mend, Ponikarovsky should get a chance to play a bigger role in New Jersey than he did with Winnipeg.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)