Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets received the Devils’ fourth-rounder in 2014 and their seventh-round pick in 2013 for the 32-year-old forward, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
Ponikarovsky wasn’t working out well for the Jets, with just two goals and and a little under 12 minutes of ice time pre game in 12 contests. He averaged 14:45 minutes between the Devils and Carolina Hurricanes last season.
New Jersey represented a solid home for him for a portion of 2011-12; he scored 18 points in 33 regular season games and nine in 24 playoff contests.
That wasn’t enough to bring him back in free agency, although Lamoriello told Gulitti that the team wanted to do so before the Jets inked him to a one-year, $1.8 million contract.
With Dainius Zubrus, 34, on the mend, Ponikarovsky should get a chance to play a bigger role in New Jersey than he did with Winnipeg.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)