Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets received the Devils’ fourth-rounder in 2014 and their seventh-round pick in 2013 for the 32-year-old forward, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
Ponikarovsky wasn’t working out well for the Jets, with just two goals and and a little under 12 minutes of ice time pre game in 12 contests. He averaged 14:45 minutes between the Devils and Carolina Hurricanes last season.
New Jersey represented a solid home for him for a portion of 2011-12; he scored 18 points in 33 regular season games and nine in 24 playoff contests.
That wasn’t enough to bring him back in free agency, although Lamoriello told Gulitti that the team wanted to do so before the Jets inked him to a one-year, $1.8 million contract.
With Dainius Zubrus, 34, on the mend, Ponikarovsky should get a chance to play a bigger role in New Jersey than he did with Winnipeg.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)