Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets received the Devils’ fourth-rounder in 2014 and their seventh-round pick in 2013 for the 32-year-old forward, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
Ponikarovsky wasn’t working out well for the Jets, with just two goals and and a little under 12 minutes of ice time pre game in 12 contests. He averaged 14:45 minutes between the Devils and Carolina Hurricanes last season.
New Jersey represented a solid home for him for a portion of 2011-12; he scored 18 points in 33 regular season games and nine in 24 playoff contests.
That wasn’t enough to bring him back in free agency, although Lamoriello told Gulitti that the team wanted to do so before the Jets inked him to a one-year, $1.8 million contract.
With Dainius Zubrus, 34, on the mend, Ponikarovsky should get a chance to play a bigger role in New Jersey than he did with Winnipeg.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 5
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)