Feb 13, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
While the Pittsburgh Penguins are getting healthier, their Wednesday opponents the Ottawa Senators are seeing their forward ranks dwindled by injuries.
The latest sidelined scorer is sniper Milan Michalek. He’ll miss at least tonight’s game with a lower-body injury. At first it seemed like he was a surprise healthy scratch, but instead he’s a late omission because of that ailment.
The Senators are stuck rolling with seven defensemen against the Penguins, as Patrick Wiercioch, 22, dresses instead.
Michalek hasn’t had great shooting luck so far (two goals on 22 shots), but still has a respectable eight points in 13 games this season. Head coach Paul MacLean and go-to blueliner Erik Karlsson will be put to the test even more than usual if Michalek misses significant time.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)