Feb 13, 2013, 7:36 PM EST
While the Pittsburgh Penguins are getting healthier, their Wednesday opponents the Ottawa Senators are seeing their forward ranks dwindled by injuries.
The latest sidelined scorer is sniper Milan Michalek. He’ll miss at least tonight’s game with a lower-body injury. At first it seemed like he was a surprise healthy scratch, but instead he’s a late omission because of that ailment.
The Senators are stuck rolling with seven defensemen against the Penguins, as Patrick Wiercioch, 22, dresses instead.
Michalek hasn’t had great shooting luck so far (two goals on 22 shots), but still has a respectable eight points in 13 games this season. Head coach Paul MacLean and go-to blueliner Erik Karlsson will be put to the test even more than usual if Michalek misses significant time.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)