Feb 13, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
While the Pittsburgh Penguins are getting healthier, their Wednesday opponents the Ottawa Senators are seeing their forward ranks dwindled by injuries.
The latest sidelined scorer is sniper Milan Michalek. He’ll miss at least tonight’s game with a lower-body injury. At first it seemed like he was a surprise healthy scratch, but instead he’s a late omission because of that ailment.
The Senators are stuck rolling with seven defensemen against the Penguins, as Patrick Wiercioch, 22, dresses instead.
Michalek hasn’t had great shooting luck so far (two goals on 22 shots), but still has a respectable eight points in 13 games this season. Head coach Paul MacLean and go-to blueliner Erik Karlsson will be put to the test even more than usual if Michalek misses significant time.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)