Feb 13, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
While the Pittsburgh Penguins are getting healthier, their Wednesday opponents the Ottawa Senators are seeing their forward ranks dwindled by injuries.
The latest sidelined scorer is sniper Milan Michalek. He’ll miss at least tonight’s game with a lower-body injury. At first it seemed like he was a surprise healthy scratch, but instead he’s a late omission because of that ailment.
The Senators are stuck rolling with seven defensemen against the Penguins, as Patrick Wiercioch, 22, dresses instead.
Michalek hasn’t had great shooting luck so far (two goals on 22 shots), but still has a respectable eight points in 13 games this season. Head coach Paul MacLean and go-to blueliner Erik Karlsson will be put to the test even more than usual if Michalek misses significant time.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 26
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming