Feb 13, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs have announced that forward Matt Frattin will be out for a minimum of seven days after undergoing a procedure on his surgically repaired knee.
The knee issue dates back to an injury sustained while playing in the playoffs for the AHL Marlies last year,one that required surgery and ended Frattin’s 2011-12 campaign.
According to Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun, Frattin will undergo this latest procedure within the next 24 hours.
The loss will sting the Leafs as the 25-year-old has been one of their best forwards this year. He sits second on the team with seven goals and is tied with James van Riemsdyk for the scoring lead, with 10 points.
Toronto has four games over the next seven days — Thursday’s away date in Carolina, Saturday’s home game against Ottawa, then a Monday/Tuesday back-to-back in Florida and Tampa Bay.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said the club thinks Frattin “can be playing before the end of the month.”
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)