Feb 13, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
Some injury news and updates to pass along:
Nashville forward Patric Hornqvist has resumed skating after suffering a knee injury in late January.
The 26-year-old Swede only appeared in five games for the Preds before landing on IR, and the team has missed his offensive production mightily.
Hornqvist had 1G-3A-4PTS prior to getting hurt and is a three-time 20-goal scorer, potting a career-best 30 in 2009-10.
Nashville has the league’s worst offense (1.77 goals per game) and is hopeful Hornqvist will return to practice next week.
Chicago Blackhawks agitator Daniel Carcillo has also returned to the ice.
Carcillo has been out of the Chicago lineup since suffering a knee injury in the team’s opening game of the season, but recently began skating with fellow injured ‘Hawk Steve Montador (concussion).
Carcillo remains on IR, but the club is optimistic he can return to full practice in the near future.
“He’s doing good,” Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “Danny is still not in our practices yet, but hopefully at some point this week he might get injected into our practices.”
The 29-year-old center injured his groin while playing for Kloten of the Swiss league during the lockout.
Caps head coach Adam Oates brought Laich along on Washington’s latest road trip — the Caps won 6-5 in OT in Florida on Tuesday, and will now to go Tampa Bay and New York (Rangers) — and the club is hopeful he can participate in practice while they’re on the road.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
L.A. played the night before.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
Lost to Carolina on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
He was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Meanwhile, Calgary’s playoff hopes take another hit.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Important win for Boston.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
Feb 27, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Should be interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
Another day, another trade.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis recently opened up about his condition.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
The Habs host the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
That’s according to multiple reports.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
Trade deadline is Monday, by the way.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was aiming to play Saturday versus the Rangers.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
GM Doug Wilson has some decisions to make…
Feb 27, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
So says NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
Some recommended reading to pass along.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Incident occurred during last night’s San Jose-Detroit game.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:53 PM EST
Were dominated by the Red Wings for the final two periods of last night’s loss.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Feb 27, 2015, 1:35 PM EST
Could it keep him from getting moved by Monday?
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)