Feb 13, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
Some injury news and updates to pass along:
Nashville forward Patric Hornqvist has resumed skating after suffering a knee injury in late January.
The 26-year-old Swede only appeared in five games for the Preds before landing on IR, and the team has missed his offensive production mightily.
Hornqvist had 1G-3A-4PTS prior to getting hurt and is a three-time 20-goal scorer, potting a career-best 30 in 2009-10.
Nashville has the league’s worst offense (1.77 goals per game) and is hopeful Hornqvist will return to practice next week.
Chicago Blackhawks agitator Daniel Carcillo has also returned to the ice.
Carcillo has been out of the Chicago lineup since suffering a knee injury in the team’s opening game of the season, but recently began skating with fellow injured ‘Hawk Steve Montador (concussion).
Carcillo remains on IR, but the club is optimistic he can return to full practice in the near future.
“He’s doing good,” Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “Danny is still not in our practices yet, but hopefully at some point this week he might get injected into our practices.”
The 29-year-old center injured his groin while playing for Kloten of the Swiss league during the lockout.
Caps head coach Adam Oates brought Laich along on Washington’s latest road trip — the Caps won 6-5 in OT in Florida on Tuesday, and will now to go Tampa Bay and New York (Rangers) — and the club is hopeful he can participate in practice while they’re on the road.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
He was playing with the Winnipeg Jets before heading to Croatia.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 AM EDT
Some interesting players still need deals.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
All the signings from what promises to be a busy day.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
Quite the steal.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Adding some veteran help.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
“Young guns” no more?
Jul 1, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $7.5 million.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
Reunited and it feels pretty good.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
The contract pays the 25-year-old $600,000.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:36 PM EDT
Had 22 goals for the Ducks in 2014-15.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
It’s reportedly two-years, $3 million.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Don Sweeney keeps making moves.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
The Rangers were a banged-up group in the playoffs.
Jul 1, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Was the first netminder taken at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 1, 2015, 5:34 PM EDT
Fresh off winning the Stanley Cup with Chicago.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
“We are here to build a team that is capable of winning a Stanley Cup. There are no shortcuts to go around doing that.”
Jul 1, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
23-year-old had 18 points in 29 games last year.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Moves on from Washington, the team that drafted him in 2004.
Jul 1, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
Penguins GM considers his new winger in the same class as Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)