Feb 13, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
Some injury news and updates to pass along:
Nashville forward Patric Hornqvist has resumed skating after suffering a knee injury in late January.
The 26-year-old Swede only appeared in five games for the Preds before landing on IR, and the team has missed his offensive production mightily.
Hornqvist had 1G-3A-4PTS prior to getting hurt and is a three-time 20-goal scorer, potting a career-best 30 in 2009-10.
Nashville has the league’s worst offense (1.77 goals per game) and is hopeful Hornqvist will return to practice next week.
Chicago Blackhawks agitator Daniel Carcillo has also returned to the ice.
Carcillo has been out of the Chicago lineup since suffering a knee injury in the team’s opening game of the season, but recently began skating with fellow injured ‘Hawk Steve Montador (concussion).
Carcillo remains on IR, but the club is optimistic he can return to full practice in the near future.
“He’s doing good,” Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “Danny is still not in our practices yet, but hopefully at some point this week he might get injected into our practices.”
The 29-year-old center injured his groin while playing for Kloten of the Swiss league during the lockout.
Caps head coach Adam Oates brought Laich along on Washington’s latest road trip — the Caps won 6-5 in OT in Florida on Tuesday, and will now to go Tampa Bay and New York (Rangers) — and the club is hopeful he can participate in practice while they’re on the road.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:04 PM EST
“Let’s get real. Finding top-four defensemen, they’re not available,” says GM Dean Lombardi.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
And rightly so.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Alex Mallet for Andrey Pedan, specifically.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Bojangles. That’s a funny name.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“I would rather fight than turtle or anything like that.”
Nov 25, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
This is… surprising.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Cory Schneider to “see what kind of player he is” tonight.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
The Blue Jackets, Flyers, Avalanche, Stars, and Sharks all made the playoffs last season. But they’re not in position now.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
GM Dale Tallon reportedly wants to make room for some youngsters.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
For the first time since Nov. 1.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:38 PM EST
That’s a picture of former first-rounder Alex Plante.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Pointless in 17 games this season.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
So says Patrick Roy.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Isles were the biggest risers.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
“Of course, I’m not too happy.”
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
“So I won’t be playing that much next game, I don’t think.”
Nov 25, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
They’re drawing just 12,404 fans per game.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
“I understand the business.”
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 4
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 12
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)