Feb 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has never been accused of being afraid to make a big move; however, such a move isn’t in his plans at the moment.
“I think we have a nucleus of good, young players,” Holmgren said yesterday, per CSNPhilly.com.
“To talk about disrupting that is not something that I am in favor of doing. We have not played exactly how I thought we would have played.
“I don’t anticipate doing anything. Obviously, there is lots of talk going on right now. Everyone is doing their due diligence, but I don’t foresee us making a move.”
The Flyers (6-7-1) won last night in Winnipeg for just the second time in eight games away from Wells Fargo Center. Their six-game road stretch continues Friday in New Jersey.
Holmgren’s tune could change if his team still isn’t clicking as the April 3 trade deadline approaches, but with all the offensive talent the Flyers boast, the best move may be giving them time to figure it out.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)