Feb 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has never been accused of being afraid to make a big move; however, such a move isn’t in his plans at the moment.
“I think we have a nucleus of good, young players,” Holmgren said yesterday, per CSNPhilly.com.
“To talk about disrupting that is not something that I am in favor of doing. We have not played exactly how I thought we would have played.
“I don’t anticipate doing anything. Obviously, there is lots of talk going on right now. Everyone is doing their due diligence, but I don’t foresee us making a move.”
The Flyers (6-7-1) won last night in Winnipeg for just the second time in eight games away from Wells Fargo Center. Their six-game road stretch continues Friday in New Jersey.
Holmgren’s tune could change if his team still isn’t clicking as the April 3 trade deadline approaches, but with all the offensive talent the Flyers boast, the best move may be giving them time to figure it out.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 1
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 71
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (74)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)