Feb 13, 2013, 3:39 PM EST
GM Ken Holland said that Patrick Eaves — who has been a healthy scratch for the last four games — will draw into the lineup and that Justin Abdelkader will move up and fill Franzen’s spot on the second line.
Franzen is listed as day-to-day with a hip flexor issue, but Holland told MLive the injury isn’t improving.
“It’s day-to-day and has progressively gotten worse,” Holland explained. “We’re going to give him a day off and see how he feels tomorrow.”
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11